or Connect

Posts by porcelina

Quote: Originally Posted by Parker'smommy My understanding ( and another poster touched on this too a bit) is that the reason they recommend back sleeping for babies is BECAUSE babes don't sleep as well on their back. They will wake more often and not get into that deep sleep on their back. The info I have read is that babies that slept on their tummy, slept better, and more deeply, and also had a higher rate of SIDS. Yes, this is my...
Quote: Originally Posted by PatioGardener mine did that - it turned out to be reflux causing laryngospasms. not fun. he was just 5 weeks though, so it may not be the same as your little one is much older now. PatioGardener -- how did you diagnose this? My 5 week old does it too, along with sputtering & hiccups and milk has even come through his nose. I neglected to mention these extra symptoms at my well visit (along with chomping and...
We just started using our own wipes with DS2 who had an awful diaper rash. We've finally gotten it under control! We had a wipes warmer, so just keep them in there. This is nice because they are warm upon use, rather than freezing cold. I'm just doing a tiny splash of baby shampoo, but I look forward to hearing other people's responses! And, my question, what do you use on the go??? I have been putting some wipes in a bag with some baby shampoo, but they are freezing...
Hi! I posted about this a while ago here: http://www.mothering.com/discussions....php?t=1205106 FYI, my second birth was anterior, and the pain I felt was exactly the same as the first, which was posterior. Difference was that it was only 3h15min of labor! I was hoping after reading the responses to my thread above that it would be somewhat different in terms of pain. I don't really know whether I had "back labor" but the only thing that helped me in the second birth...
Not sure if you will get a lot of replies on this one, so thought I should chime in! I feel among my peer group there is sort of a point of no return with regards to weaning. If you make it past about 14 months, it gets MUCH harder to wean! Of course, it depends on the temperament of your child and his attachment to you, as well as how often he is nursing, etc. In my case, my son was pretty high needs and intense, and used comfort nursing a lot. We tried nightweaning about...
Pacifica - thanks for your thoughts! It's true, being away from any real help makes things all the more challenging. I guess part of the difficulty is just the age, but the acting out makes it all the more intense. I suppose in a few years I'll be missing this little guy too!
We are having some serious adjustment issues, mostly at night. Baby wakes up every 2-3 hours to nurse, sometimes (lately once per night) having issues with reflux and pain after nursing requiring up to 1.5 hours to resolve (yuck). DS1 is 35 months and is still waking up once, and now more often, twice, per night. I feel like co-sleeping and attachment parenting have failed me. I can't imagine doing it any other way, and I loved having DS1 with us in the bed. However,...
Awesome to hear the zantac may be working too! My LO clearly has painful spit up. DS1 had this too, and I never tried any medicine because I remember reading that it wasn't likely to make much difference, and just introduces medicine into their system somewhat prematurely. But, if it actually worked, I might be willing to try -- this little guy clearly has so much discomfort, and it wakes him up when he's about to fall asleep! Anyway, glad your LO is doing better,...
Quote: Originally Posted by gradstudentmommy I need to do this too. Did you cut out lots of things and then gradually add them back to find the culprit? What all did you eliminate? I'm thinking of eliminating nuts (since I started eating them in the past few weeks), dairy, soy and eggs. Oh and caffeine. What about wheat? Should I just start with these foods? How long did it take you to notice a difference? Here is a great...
Ugh, I feel for you! We had a cold here at only 3 weeks. The only things I could do to help were: 1. Saline drops to nose prior to nursing, then nurse to help clear up a bit, then use the bulb syringe to pull out the mucus. 2. Sleep propped up on pillows with him in arms so that he was angled up. Or, for some reason it worked if he was laying on his own very hard to one side, almost on belly (I figure belly sleeping so that your nasal passage is open is better than...