or Connect

Posts by porcelina

You know what? Every baby and child is different. Some will only sleep on you, some will sleep on their own, some will go off to preschool without hesitating, others will want to hold your hand through everything. I say, just go with what works for you and your baby/child. If your baby needs you, be there. If you need to get something done around the house, don't feel guilty for letting your baby sleep alone (assuming he/she's content). And, definitely don't buy into the...
My mom is a psychotherapist, and she is interested in this theory suggesting that birth is a trauma for babies. An implication of this theory is that women who have long, difficult labors, are likely to release more stress hormones, and these may affect baby's temperament. She's convinced that my first son, who was collicky, and is still often hard to settle and highly sensitive is somehow related to my long (by some standards, 16 hours, requiring vacuum but ultimately...
Quote: Originally Posted by RedOakMomma Ds1 is loud, very loud, and that isn't going to change (special needs, cog. delays, etc.) We've just had to work around it, and keep letting dd nap in the craziness. Often she wakes up. Sometimes she does not. It sucks, but it is what it is. When she's a little older and taking reliable naps she can go upstairs where it's quiet, but for now I'd rather she was on the first floor with us. The Moby is wonderful...
Just wanted to say that maybe things will work out when your supply gets more under control -- my DS2 is at 4 weeks now, and boobs are much more in tune with what is actually demanded, no more rock boob. That's a great strategy, though, to have DD settle next to breast if she doesn't want the milk. My problem with DS1 (33 months when DS2 born) was that the latch hurt a lot, something about having so much supply and his sucking was very uncomfortable. Now, everything is...
Ugh, this may be in our future, since today DS1 didn't want me to try to soothe crying DS2 in the car, but we use really loud white noise & have a downstairs that is far enough away. You would think they would realize that they get more of mommy when baby is sleeping!! But no!!!
Quote: Originally Posted by gabbyraja Peanuts are not nuts. They are legumes, like soy beans and peas. If you think LO's allergic to peanuts you would also want to consider eliminating those things. Thank you for this!! In fact, he reacted after I ate beans in his 2nd or 3rd week, so that is totally consistent. I will look up what else to stay away from! In fact, he had green mucusy poo and I was wondering what it could besince I'm dairy/soy...
IMO, putting them to bed earlier in this age group means decreasing the stimulation, having them in a dark room, or with just dim lights, and working to soothe them into a calm sleep. With DS1, we would just keep him downstairs and try to get him to stop crying, to no avail, during the witching hour. With DS2, it's remarkable. All he does is scream with DH if he has him from 7-9. With me, he settles down. I take him into the room where he will be sleeping, lights off, and...
Quote: Originally Posted by gradstudentmommy I've tried getting my guy down for the night at 6:30 or 7:00 but he won't sleep by himself. He'll doze off and on if I'm wearing him (in between he wakes up screaming). I've been trying to get him to take lots of naps in the day but this week he stopped napping on his own and will only nap while being worn. I guess he realized, "Hey, why sleep all by myself when all I have to do is cry, and I get to nap...
Quote: Originally Posted by Amanda_Reyasmom A yeast rash will look really meaty and raw. poor baby I really like Miracle Salve Plus for well, pretty much everything, but it works really well on yeastie rashes. Thanks! That's definitely what his bottom looks like. Finally got to the store for the anti-fungal cream. Will apply at next diaper change. Poor little cherub!!
Quote: Originally Posted by MaerynPearl Mae poops constantly, change her diaper and she poops again. Almost every diaper change involves 2-3 diapers. This is our Simon!! It's constantly running out of his bum! And when you wipe, more comes sliding out. Sometimes very silent! What a pain -- I guess that's why we have the awful diaper rash. Oh, and on the topic of diaper rash again, Simon still has it pretty bad. I just talked to the doc...