or Connect

Posts by porcelina

Congratulations!! I'm glad you had what ended up being the right birth for you and that you had a great support team!!
Congratulations!! ELVs!!!
Hugs to you! I know it will take a long time to heal, but it sounds like you are well on your way. Welcome to your darling, healthy baby!
Gorgeous, gorgeous baby!! Welcome Vivian!!!
I am in the same boat -- my 2.5 year old had a latch that was hurting! Since baby was born, it started to HURT so much!!! Like as if there were a knife jabbing through the top of my boob. I talked to him about using his teeth, had him demonstrate what he was doing with my finger, showed him teethmarks, etc., but it turns out that what fixed our problem was simply the position. We used to nurse side lying, but I found that if I had him lay his head on a pillow instead...
Quote: Originally Posted by tribord yeah, that gave me sore nipples and also I just felt icky (weird but that is the best description of the feeling I have). Football works OK for me but I don't do it at night b/c I don't want to sit up. DD is allowed to nurse once in the morning at 5 am or later. I've been trying to have dh take ds for a diaper change at that time so I can just nurse dd. We night-weaned dd about a year ago but she still wakes at...
OMG it's overwhelming at night! DS1 wakes up a lot asking to nurse (and while he's sleeping, he dreams about it because he sleep talks and says things like, "nursie!", "I want to nurse together!"). We had put limits on him, that he can only nurse once, around 4.30-5.30, but he's wanting it more. He'll wake up at midnight asking for it, and scream and yell when he doesn't get it. I guess I'm on the verge of just giving in (once again!) and just nursing him all night long...
Quote: Originally Posted by aloneinid All of the above suggestions are great, and I feel for you because our oldest had "colic" and was SOOOO hard to take care of. I tried EVERYTHING and nothing ever did help. Now we now that his behavior was due to his overall personality and that nothing we could have done would have fixed the colic. I just want to put that out there in case you find yourself in our situation. I literally spent an entire year trying...
I just wanted to revisit this post, now that I have had my baby!! During the entire pregnancy, I never reclined on my back, only on my left side. I slept on my left side about 90 percent of the time. I also saw a chiropractor through week 38, and she did Webster a couple of times, but this baby had settled into LOA (with back pretty much right against my left side) by 32 weeks. So, he was in a good position for the labor. I decided not to get a doula, since I had done...
I also have been there! Definitely cut the dairy and soy -- it's hard because it's in everything! I also second Harvey Karp -- it's totally worth getting your hands on the video because seeing his techniques in action really helps!!!