or Connect

Posts by porcelina

Thanks for this!! Very good reminders! I'm also on #2 and I guess admittedly feeling a little cocky! We'll see how it goes!!
Yay! Congratulations!! So nice to have another beautiful baby in our DDC!
DH also works about 35 mins away and birth center is 35 mins away. What is your plan? He just goes to get you, and you hope it's not one of those ridiculously short labors that keep happening on our DDC?
Quote: Originally Posted by kalamos23 Oh, when did you get your BFP in relation to your cycle? If you got it on the first day of missed period, I'd be more likely to go with the LMP, but if you got it 4-5 days later, than early u/s. Hmm, good point. I got BFP at cd29, I think, but no, I was not charting.
I'm now 38 weeks pregnant, and now this question has become relevant! My due date according to LMP (Dec 14) is Sept 20. However, they did a few early ultrasounds (to rule out ectopic, around 6w4d and 7w4d), and the estimated dates were Sept 26 and then Sept 27. However, my periods are quite regular, usually 28-29 days, though only occasionally a day or 2 longer. I find it hard to believe I ovulated a full week later than usual. The doc at the time said they wouldn't change...
Bringing this thread back. I have been feeling crampy for weeks now! I think it started around 34, and I was a little concerned. Now, it's 38, and I'm thinking I certainly wouldn't mind if it went somewhere. I looked over my birth story from DS1 last night, and I had menstrual cramping off and on for about 4-5 days until I went into labor. I guess this time I'm just a cramping machine, going on 4-5 weeks!! I also have B-H all the time!
I'm going for the ridiculous ones -- I usually don't get offended by most comments, I think people are usually genuinely just trying to make conversation (well, that is, when it's strangers). Yesterday, I bought over $100 worth of groceries, and the cashier and bagger asked me if I needed help out to the car. When I said, "no thanks, I'm fine," the cashier said, "Are you sure? We don't want you having the baby out in the parking lot!" As if babies come that quickly!!...
Quote: Originally Posted by triscuitsmom Yet he turned 4 on Monday and here we are. I *am* nursing a 4 year old. And he's really no different than he was at 3 years, 11 months, 4 weeks and 2 days This is so true! Well, mine is only almost 3, but still, I totally know what you mean about it being no different from when he was little. It's amazing how much my DS needs it, and how his behavior changes when he does not get it (the times we've...
In the same boat... I'm 38 weeks pregnant and still cosleep with DH and DS1 (2.5). I went through a couple of panic stages, because DS1 was still nursing every 2 hours, all night long, when my pregnancy started. We finally got him night weaned from bedtime at around 8.30 to about 4.30-5.30 am. He then needs to nurse or else screams for an hour or gets up for the day. He doesn't respond well to daddy for nighttime needs, so I have been panicking about what it will be...
They say you need several nights of consistency before behavior will change, so I'm sure it will get better. I totally know how you feel with being pregnant! That said, we tried to nightwean DS with this plan at 15, 18 months and I think 22 months. Each time, he was up for 2-3 hours at each waking, screaming and crying most of the time. When things didn't improve on the 4th night, I gave up each time. Finally, at around 25 months, he was able to deal with it, and went...