or Connect

Posts by porcelina

Ugh, so sorry you had to go through that, after all you have already been through. Some people in the medical profession are very insensitive, and don't realize the impact of their actions and words on our well-being. I hope you find support among your family and that you don't ever have to go through something like that alone again. :( Hugs to you!
Aw, man, sucks how a celebrity and crappy name choice can ruin a name! But, while people may make comments related to that for a couple of years, the reference will quickly fade!
You have your own experience to build from, which is great. I went back at 6 weeks, but just one day a week, with DH caring for DS1, and then had the summer off; started back full time when he was 9 months. I found that was actually really hard timing (the 9 months part)!! He was in the prime of separation anxiety, and was not comfortable in a care facility. I was also not comfortable with it!! We ended up getting a babysitter, and it all worked out in the end, but I did...
What about the name North?
Just wanted to check in again here too -- DS2 just turned 3 and I did the same for him that I did for DS1. I told him that 3 year olds don't have nurses anymore. He was down to just twice a day for the last 6 months or so anyway, and he had skipped a few of those sessions too. It went so much more smoothly with him -- he was ready to let it go. No crying at all. Personality, age, and your own desire all play a huge part in what will work best for you.
We are also struggling with a name for our third! There is nothing we can agree on that we totally love.   I also thought of Winter when I read your inspiration (and then I read that you don't love it). There are some forums over on babynamewizard.com and they often have helpful suggestions! Good luck!
Aw, Banana, I am so, so sorry that it had to be such a traumatic experience for you. I know you are such a wonderful and loving mama. I wish you had not had to go through losing consciousness and a 3 day hospital stay on top of losing the baby. That is just so unfair. I wish you lots of strength and love and healing, and I hope you have people around you to help with the little things and let you relax a little. Best wishes to you on your journey to healing after this...
Lol, pepperedmoth, my MIL likes to help out to, whatever she can do! And that often includes the laundry. And I sit back and enjoy it! I seriously take any help I can get, and actually learned I like the way she folds underwear, lol! My suggestion is try to let go and let her do it, and, if that doesn't work for you, then maybe just collect your own dirty laundry in a separate hidden place so that she only does the rest! And OMG, holy crap, an entire roof??? That is...
LOL, I'm "old" too, but my practice wouldn't give me another scan, even though I would really like one! They were pretty adamant that there are things that you wouldn't see fully developed until 20 weeks, and there was no reason to do another one before then. But having one at 15 weeks would have been awesome!! And seeing a little girl! Yay! So much fun. I have never had a girl before so this is all new to me! And yes, maybe, just maybe, we can start getting excited for...
Banana, so sorry to read your news. :( I wish you lots of love, comfort and healing in the weeks and months to come. I know loss is so, so, so hard. Big hugs to you.       How are others doing? Is it becoming more real yet? I'm 16 weeks yesterday and it is finally starting to sink in that baby is not going anywhere. We did the cell free DNA testing and got back good results, and were relieved. I had an amnio scheduled for yesterday and we decided to cancel because we...