or Connect

Posts by porcelina

Yikes! We have a name picked out - Simon. We wanted something convertible English-Spanish. But, now I'm having regrets/second thoughts!! Are you guys sure that your name choices are The ONE(s)?? Do you love them??
I have been diligently sleeping on my left side, pillow between legs and behind my back, the entire pregnancy in order to avoid the posterior position (had that at first birth, and it was awful). No lounging on the couch, belly button always facing down or out, never up, and thankfully, this little guy is almost always with his back along my left side, his feet kicking high on the right side, and lots of movements (headbutts, etc.) around the cervix/rectum. A couple of...
DDCC, but Yikes! Do all you can to get him/her to move before! If he was right side and then turned to posterior upon pelvic rocking, I wonder if there is something weird with the cord or something? Just strange that he wouldn't move to anterior. Maybe try lots of left side lying, to see if at least you can get him on the left (which is more likely to rotate to anterior than left) Here are some helpful...
Thank you sachasmom, for that long review! It is really helpful!! I had a difficult (posterior) first birth and looked into what might be more effective to help me through the next one (felt unprepared the first time). I like that you point out how well it will work for you will depend on your preparation plus the curveballs plus how susceptible you may be to hypnosis. I totally think it is worth a try, given how well it works for some. I'm 36 weeks and am currently on the...
I have two of them. One is the 75 cm, and the other is 65 cm. From what I've read, you are supposed to have your knees below the hips while sitting on it for optimal fetal positioning. I find the 65 cm ball to be more comfortable in the leaning forward onto the ball position (which I try to do as much as I can, which I guess is every couple of days), so I've been sitting on it for the computer as well (a little less comfortable perhaps, with knees slightly above pelvis)....
WOW, WOW, WOW!! Pitocin, no epi, vbac, posterior, and rotating while in the birth canal!! I am so amazed with your strength. Congratulations!!!! Hope those tears heal right up for you.
Yes, I think the birthing guide is affirmations, good to listen to at home in early labor or on the way to the hospital, then easy first stage when you are in active labor, and the pushing track for when you are pushing. However, they also say you can use any of them -- some people apparently like the Deepening track for during labor (even though they despise them during practice). They say to check to make sure the 3 birthing tracks are working sometime before you are...
DH and I have different last names too. The tradition in his country is that each child has 4 names, first name, middle name, then dad's last name (first of his two last names, since all have 2 last names) then mom's last name (first of her two). People pretty much go by their first last name (the father's) in that country. We gave DS this name (first name) (DH's last name) (my last name) This means we are foregoing a middle name, but have his last name and mine in...
I voted after -- hard to keep up once there is a newborn around. But, if you have help around (family, etc.), let them keep up the house, and then save it until AFTER they leave. That's when you will need it the most. Unfortunately, Merry Maids are treated horribly by their employers, and do not really clean very well. They will not move anything (i.e., dust under anything, vacuum/sweep under any rugs). They are all about efficiency and don't do a great job. We had them...
Quote: Originally Posted by forumyonly1 ... when you have your 3yo put your shoes on for you! LOL! I totally do this -- my 2.5 year old loves to help lift the back strap on my sandals up. I have also sent DH an email from an itouch in bed when he was downstairs to bring me papaya enzymes (he has an iphone & hears it when an email comes in) for heartburn!