or Connect

Posts by Brooklynn'sMommy

Thanks for your kind words! It really made me feel better. We do have a night time routine, but I think that it might not be long enough. After dinner, we play quietly for a while unitl bath time and then it's bedtime where I used to nurse her to sleep. Now Dh rocks and sings her to sleep. And she does go to sleep eventually, it's just after a lot of screaming and crying. I'm thinking that the best thing would be to continue with Dh rocking her to sleep (since...
She used to sleep fairly well, waking about every 3 or 4 hours unless she was teething and then it was every 2 or 3. So I decided to take a once a week/3 week course. Dh put her to bed the first time and it went great. He said she fussed for about 5 mins and then slept for 3 hours. Which was amazing considering that she usually would wake up every hour or so until I went to bed. Since it went so great we decided to let him continue putting her to bed. It went well...
Just one other suggestion for you. How about having mom bring a t shirt or something that she's worn and putting it next to Jackson in the sling or where ever he's trying to sleep. I used to do this for my dd when she was napping (it's helped her be able to take better naps now) Anyway, keep up the good work!
So Dd seemed very ready for solids, she was watching me eat, grabing for my fork and getting mad when I wouldn't give her my food, opening and closing her mouth like she was chewing, etc. you get the picture. So I decided to give her some rice cereal last week (She's 5 months) even though I hadn't planned on starting until at least 6 months. She loved the first bowl, ate all of it and was mad when she was done. The second night I made more and she only ate about half a...
Thanks for the links and advice. I didn't realize that we should both be treated since she didn't have any white spots. The dr gave my nizoral (sp?), but I have to wash it off before dd nurses. He told me to use it on the left nipple only. Should I be putting it on both? And should I be using (on my nipples) the GV instead of or as well as the Nizoral? The acidophilus is a liquid and I believe it has an enteric coating. It's pretty thick. To tell you the truth, I...
Okay, so after I posted that I didn't have any itchiness or white patches, they both showed up. : I went to the doc just to confirm and yup, I do have thrush. Luckily, Brooklynn doesn't. So he gave me some ointment and I bought some acidophilus. Sooo, how often should I take take the acidophilus? The bottle only says once a day. Is it okay to take more than once and while nursing?
Quote: Originally posted by Jane Have you or dd been on antibiotics recently? Is the nipple or the breast itchy? Do you see any white patches in dd's mouth, or is she clicking when she nurses? Nope, no antibiotics, itchiness, white patches, or clicking. I was thinking thrush but I don't see any evidence of it. : Quote: As far as the clogging, do you work and pump at work? Are your bras very snug, even if they're wireless? Are you...
I don't know what's going on with it. Okay, there are two problems that are probably not related, but could be. I don't know, I hope you experts can help! First of all, my nipple is so freaking sore and I don't know why. Her latch seems to be fine and the right nipple is just fine. Plus this hurts *a lot* worse than when she wasn't latching on correctly. I've been using lansinoh and letting it air out more, but it's not helping. It's like a shooting pain and I...
We just had to buy Dd a new carseat this week. We bought the Evenflo Triumph since it had a really good CR rating (and we could afford it). I really like it and Dd seems to like it too! I took her to her 4 month check up and she was 27" I was sooo surprised! I thought she would be in her infant seat for a year. :LOL I think that if I were you I would get an infant one b/c they are so portable and you don't have to wake a sleeping baby. Plus, you can keep it...
WooHoo! Go Rams! HeeHee, sorry just had to say that. I'm a CSU graduate. I'm off to take your survey.