or Connect

Posts by Sisyphus

To a brick and mortar home school resource center? I'm thinking of a place that has different "theme" rooms (i.e. math, science, language arts, arts and crafts etc.) and a few multi purpose rooms. Each theme room would have curriculum and manipulatives, etc. that you use on site with your kids. The center would also offer classes and clubs, i.e. math stuff, science stuff, art stuff that would be offered to anyone. Homeschoolers could purchase a membership which would...
Quote: Originally Posted by nursemummy Ouch. I told him that I wasn't sure how effective we could be at remaining friends or even good co-parents if he insisted on seeing her (especially with all the other women out there). This jumped out at me. I hear your pain, but if this is your attitude, you are NOT putting the best interest of your kids first IMO. You need to put your feelings aside regardless of who he does or doesn't date and...
The "freaks" comment was just a joke, ladies. Nothing to get all worked up about. It was a reference to how I've seen affairs (and those who have had one) discussed around here. I'm actually pretty shocked that so many of you are willing to be so honest here I think that's amazing. Personally, I've been cheated on by my ex dh and I had an affair with a married man when I was in college. I don't know whether or not I'd do it again, but in the case of my college...
Poll to follow... I am curious how many people here have had an affair while married/in a serious relationship OR with someone else who was married/in a serious relationship. You can vote for more than one
I know I keep saying this, but get the book "The Dollars and Sense of Divorce" it walks you through all of the stuff you need to do, pitfalls, etc. It's awesome! Hugs to you.
I am 21 twice ;-) (means I can drink twice as much and act half as stupid LOL) almost 43 and I will never, EVER lie about my age. I love my self, and my age and my experiences have made me, ME... I am proud of who I have become through my 43 years... why lie? Of course, when the movie Mystic Pizza came out, Julia Roberts was a couple of years older than I was, but now, she's a couple of years younger... go figure???
Hugs to you. My fil is dealing with stage IV melanoma now and it's not pretty. I got a book for my kids on amazon http://www.amazon.com/When-Someone-Y...4891405&sr=1-2 It describes the changes the person with cancer may go through, how the child may feel at different times, etc. It's a good basic book, very much on kid's level. HOWEVER... CAVEAT: If you are atheist, there is a part at the end that assumes a belief in god/afterlife. I found it easy to skip it,...
I am actually in Virginia now (yeah, someday I'll change my location LOL... I'm still in So Cal in my heart, though!). CA's laws are WAY more fair than most places. I think the best advice I ever got about divorcing with kids was from a friend who said that you have to go into it with the knowledge that you have to relinquish control over a lot of stuff, one thing being the time your kids are away from you. Just knowing that, having it said to me out loud really...
I am trying to tenaciously hang on to a positive attitude I know that what I believe, I see... so while I know it's not going to be unicorns and rainbows all the time, I know that if I expect the best, I'm much more likely to get it!! I have been reading a book called "Radical Acceptance" by Tara Brach.... it has helped a LOT to simply sit with difficult feelings, especially fear and not allow them to wreak havoc. Thanks for all of the support. I'm sure I will...
I am loving the idea of having a vision board next to my treasure map... I am thinking that I will hang a cork board next to my map and add things to it as I feel them!! That way, I can also move things around if I want to! :::::::::: :::::::