or Connect

Posts by Khourtniey

I fought hard with my recent NICU about breastmilk.. They kept giving my daughter formula when I straight out told them ONLY BREASTMILK!!! They kept making up stupid excuses why she needed formula.. Finally they got sick of me and did the breastmilk only and lo and behold she did excellent.. I still get angry thinking about it today... It seems that when you sign that general consent for the NICU that you give them a lot of authority over your child.. Just be very...
Pre-K... We did 2 years of Pre-K This is our second year.. Next year will be K It will not be official with the disctict until next year.
35 weeks is my comfort zone.. I would refuse to let them take him. You can watch him for signs of distress and take him if need be. FWIW though I refused and even had written out in my birth plan what to do and what not to do and even talked to the neonates and told them what not to do... They went behind my back and did things that I told them NOT to do.
Quote: Originally Posted by irangel We're working to get approval for Dakota's 3rd full season of Synagis. She was denied off the bat due to age (2.5yrs) but we're appealing. She has significant lung damage, is oxygen dependent, requires a vibrating vest, breathing treatments q4hrs and even the simple cold puts her in the hospital. I am hopeful, based on what the pulmo has said, that we'll be approved but still worried we may not be. It's great to hear...
Well Its either 1,200 a month for approx 4-6 months or 1,500 - 3,000 per day for a 2 or 3 week PICU stay if the baby does get RSV... I think more insurances would pay for it rathen than wanting to rsik a larger bill.. but thats not always the case... I could give you many stories of the silly things insurances do. FWIW You can appeal the decision if you are denied.
The first winter (2004) with Kaia I kept him away from everything.. We dont do daycare so that wasnt a worry.. He was not around anybody.. The second year (2005) I had Alo.. so again we were away from everybody, but Alo spent a lot of time in the hospital so we were at the hospital with him.. It wasnt until Alos 2.5 year winter (2007) that he got sick.. We made it through 2004-2007 with no illnesses. Im in no way a germophobe when it comes to everyday stuff but...
Sorry.. I should have read the replies before I posted.. Quote: Originally Posted by polishprinsezz do you breastfeed? my breastfed daughter had it at 3 months but didnt get hospitalized. my cousins baby who was 6 weeks older also had it at the same time. he was formula fed and had to stay in the hospital a week. breastfeeding does help lesson the severity but i would consider the shot for this season if baby is a preemie going into daycare and...
This will be the 4th year for my 3.5 year old to get the synagis.. Im 100% PRO synagis.. Im anti vaxing now but this is one I will not mess around with. My son is very at risk for it for a lot of reasons. He got it last year and it was horrible. He didnt do well at all.
Am I secure? No.. Do I get like that.. Yes all of the time.. I like to see on paper that there is progress so while we do most of our stuff through unschooling I still do worksheets and stuff. I dont believe in schedules or anything like that so we just kind of do it at is comes but I do have general plans for the day.
Quote: Originally Posted by LoMaH Your kids are still quite young. Have they shown an interest? My kids are a bit older than yours (5 & 7). They picked it up from ??, I guess many different sources (books, TV, computer, toys, etc...). And now they use it to look things up on their own, well my 7 yr. old does completely on his own. For example; for using the dictionary to look up how to spell words, looking up subjects of interest in the...