or Connect

Posts by pinkmommy

I have done the training class, reading and have attended three births working toward birth doula certification through DONA. I side tracked a bit for a part time job but am now back on course. I have some paperwork and breastfeeding class and will finish up certification. I need clients. I need to market. I am also wanting to add postpartum doula services to my offerings. I have done reading on my own, as well as have experience with much of what a postpartum...
Quote: Originally Posted by limabean This is kinda nitpicky, but SoCal is actually pretty conservative/republican. CA as a whole is a blue state, but it's pretty politically divided between Northern CA and Southern CA. Anyway, I agree with the rest of your post -- spanking is not the norm in any of the areas of CA in which I've lived (both north and south), but then I've always lived in areas where most people are educated and fairly...
I fall into the non vax category (or perhaps delayed, selective vax...still unsure), but I'm much more worried about my kiddos perhaps marrying someone overly judgmental than I am about them marrying someone who has been vax'd. In the great scheme of things, it's not up there with what I worry about in my children's life partner choice. Ditto for what I worry about when I see children out and about.
Quote: Originally Posted by BlueStateMama It sounds to me like the OP was fine to the woman and she and the other women at the group offered support and suggestions, gently showing some other options to the new mom. She came her to vent a bit about her personal feelings, she didn't harangue the poor beleagued newbie but she had a few emotions about it she wanted to just get out. It's not like she's stalking the maternity wards and pontificating on the...
Quote: Originally Posted by boston I wouldve just let my daughter have the ice cream! Me too. Heavenly, I am pretty much with you with "what kind of a world do we live in that is pisses people off when someone tries to do something nice." I guess the concern for some is that they want to be asked first - offically offered. I can kind of see that. It is hard to take icecream from a child if it has already been brought. Still, I am not...
My heart was (is) set on four. We currently have three children. I do not feel at this point we have the energy, space, health (i.e. I'm not in shape), money, etc for a fourth child - from a very practical point of view. I long to have one more baby, but I have to put the needs of my family above my longings. Perhaps things will be different in a few years. I am 37 years old. I do hope to be done by the age of 40. Maybe I'm done, maybe I'm not. If I did get...
http://www.kidsurplus.com/ There are some diapering items here such as Kushies, Gerber covers and swim diapers. They also carrying Gerber training pants. But what I really like is some of the line of clothing they carry that tends to be cloth diaper friendly. I just bought a Zutano Coverall for $11.99. I really like Zutano for the generous fit in the hip area as well as the very soft cotton. The cotton does start to show wear (pills) but is stays very soft. ...
I know I need to do some research here, but I thought I'd throw this out here to see if there are any quick resources/studies/etc I can look at regarding the following... DH and I are discussing homeshcooling. Our oldest will be 5 in June and we keep putting the issue on the backburner because we haven't arrived at a decision. DH has some concerns. We know a handful of homeschooled children through our church. None of these children (less than 10 overall) have any...
I am glad you are deciding to lend them to her. I voted yes. Murphy's law dictates that you'll loan them to her and she may not take care of them how you want, but then you will get pregnant. I am sure if I decided to get rid of all of my baby things, I'd get pregnant. I think you just have to do it with the mind-set that you might not get them back in good condtion -- or at all. I loaned my brother money with the mind-set that I might not get it back (thought...
I dug out some diapers from DS#1 that DS#2 can now wear. One is a very thick Benjamuffin Fitted diaper. I have been using it for a night diaper the past week and I have to say that it is one of my fav. It is nice and absorbent. It has a snap in doubler lined with microfleece. It is definitely a night diaper -- too bulky for day use. Maybe the only drawback to them for me is that the rise is quite long. They work ok for Jadon, but the rise never fit my oldest DS. ...