or Connect

Posts by songbird45

poetgirl, congratulations! I haven't been on the forums in a while; I found a local AP forum & it's too hard to keep up with both. But if it gives you hope... most of the people who were posting when I got my bfp a year ago are now listed as graduates. It's so hard to be happy for other people's success when you're in the trenches sometimes, but I'm so glad to see that most of us do eventually graduate!
I know what you mean about having to wrap your mind around "the baby might be coming sooner than expected." Mine was born at 37 weeks and I'm still a little surprised that I have a baby!
it's a boy! he was three weeks early, so he's pretty tiny; born at 5lbs 14oz and 19 inches, but that's not too bad for how early he was. he's healthy and absolutely perfect and adorable. nursing is a bit rocky but we're starting to get the hang of it. Labor was about 12 hours... started on its own around 9:30am and baby was delivered around 9:30pm. I managed it without an epidural and am quite glad of it; I think it is making my recovery easier. A small amount of...
How can I encourage labor to start so I don't end up with an induction? I'm only partially convinced this is my water breaking, but I've been up every hour with more leaking, and it's not pee, so I can't imagine what else it could be...
I was seriously wondering about that, when I was STILL bleeding and having contractions last night! But this morning everything seems to have calmed down. The little blood that's left is brown, and the contractions have stopped. So I'm back to thinking this baby isn't coming soon... and a good thing, too. I think it needs to cook a few more weeks.
good grief people. I'm still having light bleeding and intermittent contractions. I am NOT a happy camper.
They are looking for a follicle above a certain size. If you have reliable + OPK's they might use that to detect your LH surge, or they might do daily blood draws to detect your LH surge once your follicles are high enough. If you don't ovulate on your own, or if your RE likes to control the timing better, you can get a shot of HCG, which is similar to LH in structure and also triggers ovulation. I never had the HCG trigger shot and my RE says that when nature does it...
I am thinking of starting a business that involves people sending me pictures, and me scanning them and turning them into photo books. Alternatively, people sending me digital pictures, and me sorting through them and turning them into photo books. Haven't worked out details, but I wonder if there's a market for that kind of thing.
we did a cervical check this morning, and I"m 3cm dilated. but omg, it HURT, and there was a bit of bloody show. I'm not letting anyone else up my vagina until I'm in labor. I"m still getting cramps.
I am thankful that I still have stuff to do to get ready... I hope it will make the last few weeks go quickly!