or Connect

Posts by Melda

Hello. We may be relocating to the DC area (Actyally Manassas, VA) and I was wanting to know if anyone knows of any docs that are ok with Non vaxing. My kids are 7 and 10 and have not had any vaccines. Here in FL we sign a exemption form.... Do they have the same thing there?
With Montessori there are certain "work" they have to learn to be able to correctly do the next. It sounds like this might be the case. My children have both been in M school for awhile now (my son has been in since he was 3 and is now in 2nd grade) and I know that alot of materials work that way. I would be more concerned about them trying to teach certain things at certain ages and not when the child has made that step on to the next level. One thing with M school is...
it could be a staph infection ... my dog had staph and it lookewd really red in her belly also ...
Quote: Originally Posted by BunnySlippers thats crazy! Can you imagine if they had tried to spay him? Did you care about gender? Glad to hear he is out and can relax and heal. actually i wanted a male to begin with then I fell in love with "her" so I was cool with it ....
Quote: Originally Posted by BunnySlippers Id go with trying to foster her. She would probably be less stressed out. Thinking good thoughts for her. I got the kitty out!!! Whoohoo but it has been a long day with tons of ups and downs! It started as I was chatting with my friend about this kitten ... then the phone rang and it was the humane society telling me I could come and get her and get her spayed later because of her URI! WELL I go to...
She isnt even home yet. We adopted her last week from a shelter. She was to go the next day to have a her spay. She ended up getting a URI (upper respitory infection) and not able to get the surgery. They told me then it would be 7-10 days before she could go again. Well it has been 8 days now and yesterday I was told an additional 7-10 days. She was suppose to be a present for our family for christmas (now dont get on me about this because we adopt animals for life...
Quote: Originally Posted by psyche I'll preface this by saying that my children are probably not profoundly gifted, but rather your ordinary, average, run-of-the-mill bright kids who would easily qualify for gifted services if such a thing were offered. My oldest went to a Montessori school for a couple of years before kindergarten*. If we had no public school options I probably would have wanted him to continue on through elementary school because...
My childrens Montessori Teacher told me that no matter when a child learns to read (at 4 or at 8) on average most children are at the same reading level by age 12.
Quote: Originally Posted by BelovedK I lov zucchini bread I have some beautiful freshly picked eggplants. What should I do with them? make eggplant parm. (sp?) .. I am having that for dinner tonight
Just wondering ... i had not logged in here and forever and this was never there before ...