or Connect

Posts by wobit

Hello all!   My little family will be moving to the Pioneer Valley later this spring.  I'll be starting work in Springfield, and so we are looking at communities up and down the valley, convenient to 91.  We hope to find an area that has good community and events for kids - library story times, parks, etc.  Also, we will both need to work full-time so we are looking for leads on good places to for our kids, either daycare, or preschool for my elder.  They will be 13...
Hi all, I pretty much stopped posting in the past few months, but want to come back to share my novel-length, very happy birth story... Dietrich Clark was born 5/12, weighing 11lbs, 21" long, at 42 weeks' gestation by LMP but only 41 by suspected ovulation. It was a lovely home waterbirth (at my parents' home). This was my second pregnancy. Everything went beautifully up until about 35 weeks, when I started having rhythmic runs of contractions with walking or...
Congrats, Jen - that's a fabulous name. Looking forward to hearing more about him!
I'm so glad to hear that your numbers haven't risen, and that you're still on track! I don't know about you, but I had a few nights where I practically couldn't sleep I was ruminating about this, and I'm sure my worry didn't help the numbers much. It's hard to be chill about this... Mine is such a huge monster in here - well, spot-on for dates, but big strong visible movements, and that's reassuring to me. Now I just need to get labor going! I hope your labs come...
I'm hoping that your appointment went well tonight! Fingers are crossed! My labs came back great, so I'm actually being slightly liberated to spend a little time walking or sitting in a supported squat to let gravity help things along. Soaking in our home "warmtub" has apparently worked well. I don't have a maternity suit, have been swimming in a pair of workout shorts and a maternity cami or tank top - if you have access to a pool don't let lack of a suit hold you...
Yucko, Jen! I'm in precisely the same boat! I've been on bedrest here for a week now, because when I'm up and about my pressure was rising to 140/100, but when I lie on my left side for a recheck it drops to 120/68. The hospital cutoff for medicating a number (without other symptoms such as visual change, headache, abdominal pain, low platelets) is 160/110. It's so frustrating, and the emotional response doesn't help. I'm so sick of eggs, and chicken, and...
Quote: Originally Posted by whalemama17 Did you need a backpack/frame type carrier to comfortably hike or camp with older babe? I am planning on getting a beco carrier-but there's no storage at all on it and it's cotton. also-I love the idea of camping with baby! Anyone done successful overnight camping? We did a fair bit of camping with our first baby, up until they want to walk it’s not that complicated. We even did cold (snow, November)...
I'm continuing to fall asleep to it at night and not really do any practicing during the day. I sometimes listen to the affirmations at night instead of the homework tracks. I'm into week 5 now. Most of the time I don't wake up until morning, and my personal inner sense of the state that I fall into with the finger drop is simply very very relaxed - I don't know whether to call it hypnotic or anesthetized or what. If I'm sleeping with my toddler, I surely do feel every...
One of the really obnoxious but ultimately harmless things it could be is PUPPS. http://dermatology.about.com/cs/pregnancy/a/puppp.htm Harmless, as long as you don't go crazy from the itching.... I hope you feel better! Moisturize!
I think it's a heat thing. Wide low construction takes advantage of breezes and reduces passive solar heating. Upper storeys take advantage of heat rising from below, and allow for big south-facing windows. Plus, acreage is more pricey in NE, so people gotta concentrate! I live on the 2nd and 3rd floors, and it's not too bad except when I'm carrying my toddler, at which point I'm panting so hard I can't breathe. Keep taking those stairs! It's excellent...