or Connect

Posts by Oriole

it sounds extremely painful for the baby, I'm guessing tylenol won't even numb the pain (I know doesn't work for me when something like an infected ingrown toenail hits.  :( Sounds like one of those times to take your kid to the doctor's? 
they are watching you... 

So, if the shelters are doing their part, maybe people can start doing their part before taking on a dog. You are about to become responsible for another life, be the adult, and LEARN what it means to take care of a dog before getting one. At what point do we begin to hold owners responsible for their lack of common sense ("hmmm... I'm about to get a dog, a live animal that needs food, some level of exercise, and day to day care, let me find out exactly what it needs...
kathymuggle,    I have to say I have a mixed reaction to your comment about the push for more information for new dog owners.    On one hand, my first (and one and only dog that I have right now) was a bit of a shock in terms of the work required, despite all the diligent research I did (and it was extensive, believe me). I mean, with a 2 months old puppy you have to get up in the middle of the night to let them out potty for weeks in a row to spare their bladder...

I participated in it! not as a patient or a parent, but as a volunteer. I'd lead the horse and the therapists worked with the clients. I worked with kids as young as 2 years old and all the way into adulthood.    It's really cool. I remember this man who lost an ability to talk and walk due to an accident, and was making tremendous progress by the time I was helping with his sessions.  Best of luck! 

shooting at a person (!!!) and presenting "needle in the head" as torture, vs. accepted IV procedure with infants, kind of messes with credibility of the whole thing. Don't you think?  Feel bad for the baby. 
  Here are my thoughts on the subject... When I inherited two parakeets, the first thing I did is began reading and tried to learn all there is to know about owning a parakeet. When I got hermit crabs, I read and researched all there is to know about owning hermit crabs. Same was with a frog and a beta fish. I looked at it as I am now responsible for another life, no matter how small, and I want to provide good quality of life.   When I got a Rottweiler (my very first...