or Connect

Posts by Oriole

I don't drive manual. Mine's an automatic. :) Although, even when DP drives his manual we can hold hands. He just has to let go when he needs to switch gears, which is  not that often on highways.   
Didn't read all the replies, but in our case, DP used to travel a lot just a few years ago. I always tried to pick him up. Always. And then we'd hold hands in the car all the way home.  Meeting at the airport after a trip is always so sweet.  And there is nothing like the feeling of knowing someone can't wait to see you home.    I remember when DP and I just started dating, he was coming home from one of his business trips, and I told a friend that I was going to...
Almost done. The way this map is different from the other three: I have no mention of pregnancy (would still be thrilled to get pregnant, but feel very calm about letting it go for this year), and I have no images of people. The 2 small pictures I did include, are clip-art like stick figures, and that's it.   It doesn't feel complete yet. I do want to find an image of a family, and maybe address health in some way (everyone has been getting sick in the house,...
Started a day with a long shower and a last minute cleaning. Went out to get the magazines, stopped by my parents' house, and finally home ready to get to work.   I got three magazines to help me do the job. It will be just a 14x24 sheet of paper, loosely based on preplanned baguas (I don't stress if I need to expand one section or make another one smaller). My concentration for the map this year: family harmony, successfully furnishing our house, gardening (my first...
I wouldn't mind if it was only for 2 weeks. I would be a nervous wreck, and would voice my concerns if it was a full time job. I grew up in the Ukraine, and I was 4 years old when Chernobyl blew up. The images of people that died in those few days, burned, throwing up blood, skin scorched without ever being touched by the fire, as well as stories of people who died from horrible diseases in the few years that followed, always haunted me. Three legged cows, polluted...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/25497445@N07/4526279942/   Just sharing my excitement for this passing year, and my hopes for the upcoming year. Look on my map: two things I did NOT think could ever happen, and dreamed about since forever(!) (because DP was not on board much with either, and because we had just came out of a full year of unemployment) were buying a house and getting a dog. We got both! And both are a dream find. Our pup is always complemented on how...
Holy cow, how did I miss all of this new stuff going on with you!  And yes, I actually learned not to mind the term "step" (although we are STILL not married after almost 11 years being together hehe) Anyway, DP's nephew introduces me as his "step- aunt", and I found it kind of cute. I don't mind "step" portion one bit. :)
you must be 100% right, because I just got my period. 
So, I dare not be hopeful, but I am late (either by 2 days or by 9... lost count, long story). I took a dollar tree test, and instead of a line, I saw 6 dots appear arranged in two orderly rows right where the positive test line would be.  Anyone had any experience similar to mine? I will retest tomorrow morning, but it stinks to wait. 
I"m never late.  Could be that I was sick for the entire month (first with a flu, then with chicken pox *UGH*, now with strep).  In any case, it's not like I've never been sick before, butI have never been LATE before. No more than a day or two, and even that was unusual. So I took ClearBlue test, and it's negative.   Thoughts?