or Connect

Posts by fillefantome

Just a quick check-in to say I'm now in the TWW. I think I ovulated the day before insem, so I'm pretty sure I'm out, but who knows. Period is due late next week. Assuming I'm not pregnant, I think I'll be taking next cycle off (because of travel for me and KD on either end of expected O window), and then will start taking the letrazole the RE prescribed back in December for future cycles. Thinking of you all. Life has been so crazy busy, I haven't had much time to dwell...
BabyFaith, I'm not using frozen sperm, so I'm no expert, but I've read from others on the thread that you can refill the shipping canister with new dry ice so that it will keep beyond a week (as long as your bank will let you keep it longer). Might be worth checking.
lrex99, it's always weird to be saying this in this context, but I hope your period starts ASAP, so you can get things started.... Jam51212, I'm glad your HSG went well (and that your insurance coverage is good--it makes such a difference). Hoping you have the post-HSG luck this time around! mamaetmaman and sandiego--thinking of you both, hoping you and your DWs are doing well and taking care of yourselves, and that we'll see you back again soon! lea2012--so glad that...
Unfortunately, my period started at almost literally the last possible hour last Friday to not be officially late. If I’d O’d on CD15 as I thought, my period was due Thursday at the latest (based on the consistent 11-13 day LP that I’ve had over years of temping). Well, looks like I must have actually O’d on CD16, because my period started at 9pm on Friday—14 DPO if I O’d on CD16. So, O’d a day later than I thought, and had a full 13 day LP. I was getting BFNs when I...
I totally support the idea of having a thread for Queer Single Parents by Choice--though I don't know if we have enough folks (yet?) to maintain a good discussion. I'm still in the "hoping to parent/TTC" camp, but I've already felt often like the mainstream "being/becoming a lesbian parent" resources and discussions are heavily focused on issues that don't apply to me--about legalizing 2-parent family structures or issues around being/supporting a non-gestational parent,...
3LilChunklins, I don't think crayfishgirl misunderstood your analogy. She says that she doesn't consider her son dressing in fairy clothes to be an unhealthy choice, so the comparison to junk food doesn't make sense. In contrast, you clearly consider an adult who has a healthy body because they weren't permissively allowed to eat whatever they wanted as a child to be equivalent to an adult who has been molded to adhere absolutely to society's strictest gender roles...
Hey, all, just a quick update from me: if I O'd on CD15, as I thought, I'm on 14 DPO today. My LP is 11-13 days, so my period should start by today at the latest. I've been having little twinges/"feeling like my period's going to start" moments for a few days, but no real sign of anything starting as of this afternoon, and my temps are still high (they usually-though not always-drop the day before/day of my period starting). BFN when I tested this morning. I took another...
Mama, so sorry! Wishing you both comfort, and hope that those frozen embies will do the trick! Sandie, any news about whether your insurance is going to make you start the clock all over again on getting your fertility benefits? That just seems like such an unfair extra blow on top of everything you guys have already gone through! I can be moved to Braving the TWW. Insemmed on Thursday (CD15) and Saturday (CD17) and FF thinks I O'd on CD15, so the timing was good. I'm...
Seems impossible to me. If you go with the standard "ovulating on CD14" assumption, that'd put your EDD as Sept 21. If you had ovulated on 12/15, your EDD would be Sept 7. Since that's an alternative calculation method, maybe she was using the wrong rule?
Hopeful, it seems like the things measured in SA aren't exactly standard, but here are the results from my KD's SA--thought it might be helpful to look, since it gives the normal/abnormal ranges from the lab he used. AFM, jwaite, can you move me to Waiting to O? My period came along right on time while I was flu-ridden last week. That was super-fun. Planning insems Thursday and Saturday of this week.