or Connect

Posts by fillefantome

Just a quick check in to say that I've been doing Clearblue digital OPKs twice a day for a few days now, in prep for O-ing probably sometime early this week. Today (12:30pm), I tested with both the digital and an internet cheapie. The digital was neg, but the internet strip was pretty dark (not darker than the control line). So, I let my KD know that there was a good chance that he'd be shipping today, and I plan to test again in the late afternoon. Fingers crossed for...
Friederike, yay! I'm crossing all my fingers for a sticky bean! AFM, woke up to the start of my period this morning, so lea, can you move me to waiting to O?
Pookafaye, I totally feel you on the "worrying KD will burn out" thing. Every month, I try to remind my KD that even well-timed PIV attempts for folks with normal fertility only work 25% of the time, and that's it really normal for it to take six months or more to get pregnant. Trying to "manage his expectations," I guess, in hopes that he won't decide this whole thing is too much bother. And, wow, I am still stressed about having asked him to do the semen analysis. I gave...
Hopeful22, welcome back, and best wishes for a short stay! Lea, awww, I'm bummed for a birthday BFN. Insult to injury, and I call foul! mamaetmaman, wishing you the best of luck figuring out what's going on with you! Darcy, hope you had a great camping trip, and that it helped you de-stress about TTC stuff. Fried, so far I'm pretty good dealing with pregnant people, but I imagine as time goes on, I'll probably get less easy about it. The one coworker who I had told...
Just wanted to check in with a quick update on this Friday afternoon. Honestly, I’m feeling a little stressed/bummed. I’m on CD19 today, and still no positive OPK. (I’ve had issues with OPKs catching my O in the past, so this makes me really nervous, especially since 95% of the time, I O between CD14 and CD22, but most months it's pretty reliably CD16-CD20, so we’re getting toward to the late end of normal for me.) Mostly, I’ve been feeling vaguely post-O for several days...
A good news morning! Isa, twins! So exciting! And Friederike, two and a spare!
Woo hoo, Fried!
fmorris: Sorry to hear you/DP have been sick, but how exciting to be planning your wedding! Jam: wishing you all the patience (that I mostly don't have) for your wait until January. And yay for good insurance coverage, even if it doesn't kick in for a couple of months! sandiegongp: I totally agree with you that this group is a lifesaver. As someone doing it on my own, it feels especially valuable. I have some people in my life who know I'm TTC, but nobody who wants to...
My interactions with doctors are always so weird. To wit: Today, the RE asked if my cycles were regular, and I started to answer that my LP was always 12 days +/-1, but that my overall cycle ranged by about a week, and he interrupted to say "oh, we don't care about those anymore, long, short, doesn't matter." Huh? This is totally contrary to everything I've ever heard or read. And he meant it--I didn't probe for details, because I'm pretty sure my LP is long enough, but...
Prettyisa! Yay! That's so exciting.