or Connect

Posts by AlwaysByMySide

I'm going to scan in the list to prove it to you all. I guess the mom of the child with the allergy sent the teacher the list - which includes the specific brand names (the gum, for the record, is Bubble Yum, Double Bubble, and Juicy Fruit. Lollipops include dum dums and Charms Blow Pops.) I wrote all over the list, but you'll still be able to read it.
When I picked DD up from school today, I asked her how she'd feel about bringing in her own special snack for snack time. The response? "Does that mean tomorrow I can have STRAWBERRIES?!?!" I wish there had been a camera in my car, so I could bring it into the school and say, "See? If you only offer them healthy stuff, they start to crave the healthy stuff!" One of DS's daycare teachers has a Kindergartener in the same school, but a different teacher. I'm...
Tennessee $60 school fees (Kindergarten - most elementary schools in our district run +/- $10 or $15) The usual supplies - crayons, glue sticks, scissors, whatever. Kleenex and Clorox wipes, but no hand sanitizer. Buses are free. School lunch is $2.50 a day. I gave them 1/2 for the fees, and said I'd pay $5 a month until the rest is paid off, even though there are some months that I let the electric bill or water bill slide so I can pay the other one off.
Forgive me for the length of this post...I'm at a loss, and am looking for some advice. DD5 started Kindergarten this year. The teacher sent home a note yesterday with a schedule for each child to bring in snacks for the whole class for snack time. (Once every four weeks.) One of the kids in the class has a peanut allergy, so she attached a sheet with "approved" snacks on it, including brand names. I didn't think it would be that big of a deal, until I looked at...
Hi there - Where you live will be best determined by where in town his job is. Do you know the approximate area (even the zip code?) for where he is interviewing? There are good pockets of town and bad pockets. I live in the Lakesite area of Hixson, which is just north of Chattanooga city limits, and love it up here, but it would be impractical to live up here if he were working far into the city. I used Katie Garrett as my midwife for two of my three...
Once I can figure out how I want the kids' room officially set up, I'm doing rain gutter shelves in there, so I'm a big fan of that. See if you have a Habitat for Humanity reStore...they sell building supplies and things like doors and other stuff for cheaper than the home improvement stores. That's going to be my first stop in looking for gutters. As for us - I did my driving test with the post office yesterday, and spent another two hours there filling out paperwork...
Quote: Originally Posted by Mrs.aLifeofReilly Looks like I won't have to be using containers after all! We rent and thought we would have to do containers on our deck but after speaking with the landlords they said we can have a spot of land so we can do raised beds! And as a plus the spot is over near the manure pile! ( I can throw horse manure in my compost bin right?) Can't wait until it is not so so I can get out there and put up the...
Congrats on the car, waitingtobeamommy! And Penelope, congrats on the new house, although I know what a pain it is to move. Happy for you guys! As for my update, after my long rant yesterday, UAV from the employment assistance place called me this morning and decided to try to lecture me about not calling her back, not calling after getting the postcard, yada yada, and I told her that I had called her back numerous times and had the phone records to prove it, and...
Out of curiosity, what are you planning on growing in them? I was thinking they were a hanging bag too, but they look like polymailers that are used as a kind of pot? I would be concerned about them staying upright. Even if it was the same material as the upside down tomato plant thing, I'd be concerned about them toppling over. I've sewn up legs of jeans found at the thrift store, filled with dirt, cut in holes and planted things that way, either to hang up or just...
Subbing. Been off the boards for a couple of days to get caught back up. My angel baby's birthday was this past Friday, and I made it through without drinking myself into total oblivion. No boyfriend for yet another Valentine's Day, DS's birthday is two days after that, my (dead) grandmother's birthday is a week later, and Chloe's angel day is in March. I finally 'got over' the depression of the holidays, and it's going to keep hitting me for another two months. ...