or Connect

Posts by Celina

3rd night: DH was at the cinema so I did the evening routine and took DD to bed. I used the same "Let´s pretend to be asleep before daddy comes"-game and it worked really well. At least it takes a lot less time to get her to sleep this way. 4th night (last night): I did the evening routine apart from the bath and then both me and DH went in DD´s room with her. I said I needed the toilet and DH suggested the pretend game to DD. Didn´t work. I came back and then DH left...
Nice to hear DD is not "weird" but others have this same issue. I thought 3 year olds shouldn´t be this clingy anymore but happy with their daddys. What do you do about it then? Do you try and not upset your child on purpose? Would you even turn back after you´ve left the house if you hear your child cry after you or would you step in if your child gets really upset when DH does things to your child instead of you? Or do you try and get your child used to you...
Our DD 3 years old gets these very strong feelings sometimes when I leave the house, she just starts screaming my name, wanting me back and crying her heart out. E.g. yesterday morning I left the house, explained I was going to the doctors, we said bye bye inside nicely, she was fine but when I got out she was saying bye bye on our balcony and then said she wanted juice. I said to ask daddy as I needed to go but she wanted me to do it and apparantly it took 20 mins for her...
Our DD is 3 and has been without a day nappy for months now. She has one nappy a day, the night nappy. (Which is very full in the morning) She pees in her pants many times a day, some days mostly in her pants. Usually she first pees in her pants and when I notice the wet patch I ask her to go to the bathroom and she pees the rest there. Sometimes she lets all the pee come in her pants. I am so frustrated and annoyed. I know getting upset at her won´t help, but it´s...
Second evening tougher but the same good result. I left home after giving an evening snack to DD, then she went to the potty and wanted me to wipe. I did it and said goodbye as I said I was going to the shop. (In reality I was just sitting outside our door) She said goodbye and was fine until she went to our balcony to shout bye bye, then she started crying loads, wanting me back. DH came to get her and I told him to calm her down first thing. DH continued straight to...
I am so amazed. I went out for a meal with a friend today late afternoon and told DH and DD I´d be back in time when DD goes to sleep. Me and DH agreed on him doing all the evening routine (evening wash, snack, teeth, reading...) and just give it a try how DD would be going to bed without me, but DH shouldn´t mention that he´ll be taking her to bed tonight. I said no crying AT ALL, if she started asking for me or got at all upset DH should tell I´ll be right home and...
Thanks milehighmonkeys! By transition, do you mean the time after the baby is born or now as we´re getting DD used to daddy taking her to sleep? I mean, what do you think will take 1wk max?
Thanks, Carma! I breastfed DD to sleep until she was about 2,5 years. I stopped doing it because of the same reason, the baby coming. I guess it wouldn´t be totally impossible to rock DD to sleep while I held/breastfed the new baby but it wouldn´t be ideal. It would be lovely that DD accepts daddy taking her to sleep. This is what we´re going to do differently with the new baby from the very beginning, that the baby would happily go to sleep with daddy too. I will also...
Thanks, maddymama! Sounds like it went really well in your house, only 2 nights, wow! When you say about it getting tough, how tough did it get? I don´t mind DD protesting a bit, of course she will do that, but I hate the idea of it taking many hours of crying/protesting until she falls asleep and her losing sleep because it´s so tough. Although I suppose even that´s ok as it would (hopefully) be just temporary. (I´m such a wimp) Did your DD calm down then after you gave...
Our 3 year old DD will only accept me to take her to bed and it takes a long time for her to fall asleep (up to 1h). Otherwise I might be ok with it but we have a baby coming, due date Aug 18th, and I won´t be able to continue this. She has to get used to DH taking her to bed, but I´d like to do it as gently as possible. (Great leaving it this late!) Suggestions/advice/help? Or then if you´ve managed to get your child used to falling asleep completely on their own,...