or Connect

Posts by philia

The Well Trained Mind
I pay a sitter to watch the my kids for a couple hours twice a week. I go to stores or stay at home and do housework while she reads to them. This is the only way I know to get it all done. I also plan one big house type challenge for each evening when the kids are asleep. Tonight I am cleaning out the kitchen desk drawers.
I can lose three lbs in a week if I increase eating asparagus and apples. I broil a bunch of asparagus with a tablespoon of olive oil. I try to eat 2-3 bunches a day when I want to lose a few lbs. It is a natural diuretic and it will get rid of a lot of water. The apples are just something I will eat as snacks. I also think replacing 1 meal with Special K cereal works. If I do this with 1/2 hour of exercise per day I lose hard to lose weight. I also drink a ton of water...
I nursed a lot longer than I ever thought I would. I thought it was time when my 2and a half year old was pretty much eating a huge dinner and just using the milk as some sort of top off. I was still nursing every four hours at night. I would get a jar of peanut butter and tell her she could nurse after she ate the peanut butter. She was too tired and full to want to nurse after the peanut butter. This was done at the midnight and 4 a.m. feedings. If she had a request...
I never gave more than 2 from the start and then after a reaction that lead to my baby being kept over night for two nights in the hospital I quit all together. The first two I gave were DTAP and HIB. The second time was the same with adding a prevnar. My baby had a fever that lasted three days, low grade but still a fever. The third set I gave 4 and knew in my gut it was a mistake. They said most kids don't get a reaction off the first set. After the hospital and whole...
We have to have variety because it gets boring for them. Let me know if you come across anything you like a lot. My curent stuggle is handwriting practice. Both kids get bored. I guess you just have to keep having them do it. I don't think I liked handwriting as a kid either. The educational psychologist said to do legos. It helps their minds to see us do them and just have them be helpers.
My 4 year old is doing Logic for K-2. I met with an educational psychologist about this and she said to keep moving them ahead. I have gotten a ton of nice products from the Critical Thinking Company. I know how you feel. I can tell my daughter is getting bored with the K because she wants to now answer in Spanish and she does not know a ton of Spanish. I do some at her level to get her going and then switch to a higher level. These work books are the only one's she does...
I love their new fall collection. I wish I could buy one of everything. I keep buying from coveryourhair.com to try new styles and their prices are good. I want some GOGrace also.
I listen to this whenever I do laundry. You just hit the play it in pop up. I am not a fan of modern evangelical music. I usually won't listen if there are drums or a guitar in the song. I like the chanting.
I have two children ages 3 1/2 and 4 1/2 and we are trying the Abekka computer class as an supplement to all the other things we do. Have you all done anything like this ? Have any of you used how to teach your child to read in a 100 easy lessons ? My oldest wants to read so bad. She can sound out all the letters and write most of them. Philia