or Connect

Posts by Gwennie

Quote: Originally Posted by lml41981 I thought so, too, but then I thought about the destruction of my diapers. No, they're not carpenter ants...I think they are fire ants. That's what we tend to get in Texas. It's awful...we have stopped eating anything in all other areas of the house except the tiled kitchen and they're still coming into rooms that offer nothing for food, as far as I can tell. They were in my daughter's bed! She has two bites...
I would think in fact that it would have a very positive effect on the child, knowing that his Mum cares enough about personal responsibility to make sure he didn't have to take the blame for something he didn't do! I think what you did was lovely!
I think, maybe it comes from the fact that great art stems from great emotion-sometimes great inner turmoil. A fantastic piece can come as easily from intense, deep dark depression as it can from extraordinary joy. It's just the fundamental of what art *is* so yeah, I guess those who are artistic kind of are prone to the higher emotions, the higher highs and the lower lows? I know when I'm at my most creative I'm jumping from emotion to emotion, feeling things really...
Oh how EXCITING is all of this?!! Such gorgeous work from all of you! So inspiring on so many levels, you amazing women! I'm a digital artist, and I work in oils and pencils, and often photography as well....here are a few of my pieces. "Penny" http://icee.imagechild.com/images/ar...h%20collar.jpg "Ginny" http://icee.imagechild.com/images/ar...ha6%20copy.jpg My best friends and I,...
I'm wondering if anyone has any book recommendations for resources for vegetarian eating during conception / pregnancy as well as the great recs for nutrition for babies and growing kids I've seen?
Ohhhh I am SO thrilled to see such a thriving veg*n group here! DH and I have been gradually phasing into full vegetarianism for two years now--for the first few months we still would eat things that had traces of broth and whatnot--but that didn't last too long, as we realised how much better we felt without those things. We DO still eat cheese (though we're really easily starting to phase into the veggie dairy products) and honey, gelatin, eggs, etc--and will...
Mine's so goofy :P back when I played Everquest (an online roleplay game) my character's name was "Gwennyne" and it was in EQ that I met one of my very, very dear friends who's taught me SO much about motherhood and coparenting and all the wonderful things you can do to make your child healthy, and so it's really become a sentimental name to me--Gwennyne was a bit long and it's probably hard to pronounce, and my friend always called me Gwennnie or Gween anyway, so there...
Quote: Originally Posted by ItyBty Just a catheter - it's basically an x-ray of your uterus, but to check the inside they pump fluid into your uterus to check the tubes. Mine was definitely uncomfortable, but not painful. I felt fine during and after. thanks *so* much for the information, now I feel quite a bit less worried about it!
Quote: Originally Posted by jencat Gwennie - Did you already get some blood tests? That is what I got done first. Then I had an HSG - about a month ago. This post describes it in long detail. Don't be scared - while it's uncomfortable it doesn't last long and it will provide you with information you may need to get PG... Mine came back normal but dr says many times women get PG after normal HSG's - it cleans out the tubes I guess...? Good...
OOoooh no I haven't found my tribe yet, but I'll be going over there today to check it out!