or Connect

Posts by larksongs

I guess I'm posting here just to publicly shame myself into sobering up my act. I don't want to quit drinking. Hah. Of course I don't, right? But I definitely want to cut it waaaaaaay back. Hell, I'd be happy with once a weekend...less is probably ideal, but I'm being realistic here. I'm young and do enjoy having fun...I just don't want that fun to start being not-fun...which is kinda happening now. Does this post make sense at all? I guess I just need some advice from...
Quote: Originally Posted by aprons_and_acorns I always get my best stocking stuffer and Easter basket loot ideas from MDC. So what are your kiddos getting in their Easter baskets this year? My son is becoming into fashion/clothes more now that he is getting older ( he will be 10 in August). He asked for a bunch of shirts from that website 'Threadless' so that is the major thing..plus chocolates a little LEGO and some Jelly Belly jelly beans
I am a homeschooling mother of one boy (9). I babysit and give homework help to mothers/children I know locally. I am not professional so the mothers know this. The things we do here are very in line with homeschooling philosophy and gentle discipline. If I work with a child on homework or artistically I work with them in a respectful and kind of organic way. It works. I am deeply against ageism and I have a pretty good deal of patience. I enjoy working with kids and I...
Quote: Originally Posted by birthpartner My daughter who is 17 has acne pretty bad, she covers it up with make-up but I know it bothers her. I'm not into her taking drugs for it since they are basically antibiotics and they are expensive. She has tried many of the over-the-counter stuff and nothing has helped. Does anyone have any success stories with natural approaches they could share? Thanks Acne sucks. I am 28 and still break out...
Thank you everyone for your insight/advice. Last night after I took a few minutes to decide how I wanted to word everything , I did tell him that it was ok if he continued to post on the boards and that I would join the site so I could ask questions once in a while on the parent's board about sets and such. I also had a brief talk with him last night about his site use. Like what was the main attraction to him for the site. He said games and reviews and news as in upcoming...
So let me preface this by saying my son is a ridiculously good kid, with good friends. He doesn't get into trouble really ever. He also always 'clicks' with the good kids. Really just a bunch of goody two shoes lol, and I think I sometimes take it for granted and think everything will always be PERFECT. And I know that isn't realistic. I have never had a discipline problem before but something happened yesterday and this is how I handled it. I don't know if I handled...
We cut school. I homeschool and we didn't do any school on the big snow day...We walked around town, built a snowman, hung out with a nice local family then came home and made cookies and just lazed around
Thank you guys so much...You ladies rock, answering so fast we had time to rebook without losing our money. Thank you thank you
My son knows a boy from the school here. My boy is homeschooled but he walks this boy home three days a week. He's very sweet, family is a little shy though but really nice. We lost his number It is a really nice snowy day. Not super nasty out. There are only flurries at this point and enough snow to wear boots but not enough to have to really trudge through. I said that when we go out maybe he should just ring the boy's bell and ask if he can come play. I am going to be...
My husband wants to hightail it out of here this Friday and visit Washington DC. We are in NJ and we were going to drive down. But I don't know about the weather. Should we postpone the trip? We made plans and booked before the storms. Ugh I don't know.