or Connect

Posts by CatsCradle

I think it depends on how one views control vs. so-called freedom.  The real question for me is whether a child/person is thriving in the environment in which they are placed, and that in itself is extremely subjective.    I personally don't have any problems with being on a schedule, and I do think that predictability in one's life can be beneficial.  My personality is such (and has been all my life) that I actually feel inspired and get a lot done when my life is...
With all due respect, erinmattsmom88, some of the links you provide are a little whacky.  I clicked on one of the Youtube posts you linked above and the comments themselves are part and parcel everything crazy in this country (Lucifer, lack of love of Jesus, Obama as the anti-Christ).  Just saying, there is thoughtful criticism and then there are the wack jobs.  I'm much more apt to listen and consider intelligent and well-thought out advice and commentary based on...
What happened to your first post, Emaye?  I often feel like the dark horse here.  No one seems to be interested in what I have to say even though I think I have relevant things to say.   Anyway, I have on on-set of physical problems lately that bug me a great deal (arthritis and foot problems that didn't bother me in my "younger" years).  It is very depressing because I've always been so active.  Now I'm limping around like some elderly lady!  Anyway, I don't want to...
Guys/Gals (assuming there may be guys here):  Look, I agree with a lot or the points here from both sides.  I'm busy and can't keep up with the multi-quoting, etc.  You seem to be having a debate between yourselves and that's legitimate, but my eyes glaze over when we/you start mincing words.  This whole debate looks like a bid protest in New Jersey. Eyes glaze over.  Start collecting thoughts and make a closing statement!     That being said, my profession is law...
It depends.  I can see how it would be used as a bullying device, but it was not experience.  I was bullied but it was more of a mean girl / psychological bullying than a physical bullying.  I was a physical kid myself and not many people picked on me physically.     My siblings and cousins and next door neighbors always played dodge ball, and it was great fun.  For us, it was a game and a game that left us tired and spent at the end of long summer nights.  Again, I...
Thanks everyone, for your comments!  This is the MDC that I love.  I admit that I've been visiting here less because I'm in interested in the political right now and I'm appreciative of everyone's comments here.
The only higher power that controls things, in my opinion, are powerful corporations.  Money controls.  The White House and other governmental officials (from both parties) are always doing damage control when it comes to what is presented about them in the media.     Corporations are considered "people" and are very powerful people at that.  The most powerful things in America.  I'm not talking directly to you erinmattsmom88, just the general board...but if this country...
I guess I'm a little more cynical simply because our government is a tri-parte government.  Ron Paul may have good ideas according to some, but he would not be king and would not be able to make the changes without the approval/consent of the other two parts of government.     My firm belief is that the electorate has to change.  You could put Gandhi or Jesus Christ in the office of president, but it is about more than just the president.  People are very divided in this...
I totally understand the frustration of the American public with politics.  I've been voting for over 30 years and things sort of stay the same generally speaking.    That being said, I've very invested in this election cycle because the most important issue to me at this point is the Supreme Court.  Presidents are directly responsible for appointments to the Supreme Court.  Supreme Court decisions impact all of us in one way or another.  The legislative branch and the...
I understand what you're saying.    I just feel like I have to qualify things here sometimes because in some instances very stark lines are drawn between the pro people and con people.  I'm with you - I'm pro (quality) homework!