or Connect

Posts by CatsCradle

I guess that the other poster's statement had more to do with practical life experiences, i.e. are the students able to take what they learned in class and apply it outside the class? I think it is one thing to perform for a teacher, it is another thing to actually be able to do such without a teacher's coaxing or oversight.  I can work at my desk all day studying how to do something (I'm a lawyer so I have two lives:  preparation and real court experience).  I can...
My DD is in an afterschool program (due to my work constraints) and fortunately for us, she gets all (or most) of her homework done between 3:30 and 5:00 pm.  On days that she is involved with sport, however, she doesn't get it done and it is sooooo hard to get her to focus later in the evening.  I don't mind special projects (we have loads of fun with cooking and science projects) but I loathe worksheets!    Like others have said here, though:  I do value the positives...
U.S. citizen here, but Happy Thanksgiving, Canada!  Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday of the year state-side. 
I have an individual policy for $250k for which I pay $92 every quarter.  I also have a year long policy through work (my firm will pay a year's worth of my salary upon my death to my beneficiaries).  I'm the high earner in the family and I thought it prudent to have a cushion to DH and DD in the even of my death.  Hopefully we'll never need it but it gives me a lot of peace of mind.   DH also has a death benefit (certain amount per year for so many years).  I know...
Weird!  I get a lot of strange stuff advertised on Facebook because I had a wide variety of friends with different "philosophies."   Strange it is showing up on MDC.  I've never seen anything like that here.
So great you had a good time...jealous, actually!  DH and I have been lucky in that we've left DD with family for our so-called wild nights out.  They have been fun.  What's funny, though, is that in our warm fuzziness over various alcoholic beverages, we can only seem to talk about DD.  So lame, I know.  I wish I could just relax and appreciate the time for what it is.  DD is fine but we can be such a mess.  So weird.  Kudos to you for getting out, though.  And congrats...
Kingship.  :)    I often scratch my head too at all the people running for government positions who toot about being against government, but accept the benefits of their positions and accept any and all deals that they can get from those positions.  They are central to the problem.
Agree.  OP knows her neighborhood and knows what is unusual and usual.  In my neighborhood, this is usual (I  live in an urban environment where this type of activity is common and it either involves under-cover cops or mob type characters).  Often I overlook it because my safety depends on it.  But, if it would be an unusual situation for my neighborhood then I would definitely take steps to report.  It is a factual and personal thing.
If you feel uncomfortable, then call a non-emergency line.  Otherwise, I feel it could be anything.  I've been a parked car in random places just to talk.  I've also seen obvious governmental people (undercover police/FBI/others) who have been scoping out suspected situations (which I feel are totally Leggett).  I've also seen mob type characters scoping out places on totally strange situations, so there are many, many reasons why you may have seen a parked car outside...
You bring up a good point that I never even considered!  Our kitchen is tiny (we actually removed cabinets in order to fit a table in it).  I would love to do some canning.  We grew up doing canning at the end of every summer and I miss it, but my parents had a big house with a basement for storage.  I never really thought about the lack of space as a First World Problem but now that I think about it, it really is.  The fact that I'm bemoaning that I can't fit more food...