or Connect

Posts by chrysalis

i'm considering moving to ventura county... not sure where exactly, probably closer to santa paula. how close i wonder, is torrance from there?
anyone in this area? if so, what kind of alternative public charter schools are there and what is the process to get kids in?   any vegan restaurants? vegan community strong there?   thanks.   anything i'd appreciate very much.
i'm a firm believer that makin' love can be outside of a bed for pete's sake. i have never understood this issue. it seems to be personal but it especially seems to be initiated by men.   obviously your kids aren't ready to be in their own beds/rooms and want to be w/ you. if it makes it easier on you all to have them sleep w/ you, so be it. it won't last forever, it will pass...and hubby can learn to woo you outside of the actual bed. he is a grown man and needs to...
yeah that on what most here have commented on re. original post. how sad i am for your son and i pray you find acceptance of him and meet him where he is at, trusting he is being who he is and how he is and that he is perfect JUST AS HE IS.   i'd much rather my son stay as a sweet, thoughtful sensitive loving boy, then man someday than a selfish macho unemotional brute.   get in touch w/ your heart of hearts. not the one you think is your heart.   i could...
the more i research these meds and the more i talk w/ others online about meds like abilify or geodin (sp?), the more i want to just stay off the meds. i thought maybe i'd try going on abilify today when i go see my dr. but now i'm thinking of NOT. i so don't want to put these poisons in my body. what they can do is pretty frightening short and long-term. i think i may just try to hang in there and learn to cope w/ mindfulness skills, EMDR, DBT, my 12 step recovery,...
if i wasn't buying so many boxed processed foods i would be spending less but i get about $525. each month for 1 adult, 2 children (9 & 4). i often need to depend on other income for more food money the rest of the month. so really. our 'real' monthly food grocery comes to about $800. probably. we are vegan but eat a lot of processed foods such as daiya cheese, boxed cereals, kashi bars, odwalla superfoods smoothies, boxed nut/coconut milks & juices for school, gardein...
mourning what wasn't, what will not be now w/ 2 bio fathers... sigh.
awwwwwwww mamas you are too sweet! mairead and sheamas would look great together i think too!
here is my friend tam's reply: 1. does this sound like any sensory dev issue you are aware of -- like an actual disorder OR is he just "behind" his age in this area .... could be either. sounds pretty sensory to me. sounds kind of like adhd too. but sometimes the two can be confused. sounds like there is constant need for input (ie rolling over people). one thing that helps is to play sensory games with them. the out of sync child plays is a book that has a...
this reminds me SO MUCH of meghans' beloved friend in MN ethan. he is also 5. he used to be on a gluten free diet for celiac i believe, and just tested negative for it so he now is not on that diet but the behavior you mentioned reminds me so much of him. he cannot sit still. he is a very sweet sensitive boy and connective in a different way but not like, eye to eye for long or anything. megh would lead him around holding his hand (practically a hostage situation...lol)...