or Connect

Posts by mommy2caroline

Hmm, it doesn't seem that it's in crooked, and I think the suction is working... but it still leaks on heavier days.  Inside-out is a thought... I'll see if I can make that work.
I'm wondering if anyone else has one and knows how to use it properly...   I got one almost two years ago, used it two cycles before getting pregnant, and so here I am trying to figure it out again w/ my first pp cycle.  I trimmed the stem back when I was first using it, and maybe I trimmed it too much, because now it pokes me uncomfortably. It says not to trim it off completely, but I'm sure tempted to do so!   Also... when I used it before, sometimes it...
I have considered an ear infection - she's been a bit uncomfortable on that side for weeks, but only when I nurse her to sleep at night.  Last night she was clearly very uncomfortable, so I may go get her ear checked to rule it out... she's nursing fine on that side right now, at 8:45 am.   I also have wondered, because this is not mentioned in the typical "starting solids" information... if they are started with table foods, as we do, and you are seeing chunks of...
Hi all, I have a 10 month old with no teeth.  This is not surprising because my first didn't get a tooth until she was almost 14 months old (and then they came in all out of order - the tops ones were first).  My older child wasn't interested in solids until that tooth came through - she'd maybe taste one bite of what we put on her tray as an older baby up until she got teeth.  My current baby has been having fits if I don't give her food... if I try to nurse her when...
Quote: Originally Posted by DahliaRW The MyRide is a great seat. Though it has a shorter shell than the other 40lbrf/65lbff seats, so it will be outgrown by height sooner and most likely before the weight limit. You could also look into a Complete Air (you can sometimes find it on sale for around $150), it has a taller shell, rf to 40, ff to 50, there is a new version that will ff to 65lbs coming out soon. Another option is the true fit, only rf to...
We are about to need a new seat for my 2 yr old since the old one is about to expire. I want to keep her rear-facing a little longer, and we are looking at the My Ride 65, which goes up to 40 lbs rear facing and 65 forward facing. My 2 yr old only weighs about 26 lbs right now, which is a reason for wanting to keep her rear-facing longer. The My Ride is a good price for us (we really can't afford a Britax, which is why it excites me to see more affordable seats going to...
Thanks for the ideas, everyone! The price on Amazon on that Xyliwhite sure looks good to me!
I am wondering if anyone has a good toothpaste suggestion... We have been using Weleda Children's Tooth Gel (http://usa.weleda.com/our-products/s...tooth-gel.aspx), which is free of fluoride. It has been great except that it is pricy, and it come sin a metal tube whech always develops cracks and then the stuff oozes out everywhere and wastes it, gets everything all gunky... I have used it on my almost five year old since we started using toothpaste when she was about...
Quote: Originally Posted by noobmom I love my Klean Kanteen. They make a little 8 oz one which is great for little kids. You can get it with an Advent sippy spout, but I would just skip that entirely and go for the sports top. So is the sport cap easy for a 24 month old to use? Could she open and close it herself, or does it rely on pressure from the mouth? With the Sigg cap, you have to push against it a bit with your mouth while drinking to...
Quote: Originally Posted by tennisdude23 In a lot of the news articles, it actually says that they will shy away from a recommendation. As I said, the media coverage has been inaccurate with little substantial info. I just avoid the sensational headlines and press releases and look for what the AAP commitee members say themselves. So far, they have kept pretty quiet, but they did indicate that a circ. recommendation is unlikely. Nevertheless, some of...