or Connect

Posts by sarahwpen

I currently WAH doing various small things that never seem to work out.  I KNOW my mom influenced my decisions. She was a SAHM who was always trying to find the next WAHM plan to "make some money". My dad worked for my moms dad, and doesn't care for it much, he made a living, and that is about it. We weren't dirt poor, but our whole family was always VERY frugal. I hated going to church and my friends saying "oh, I used to have that shirt! I gave it to the hannah home...
I have been trying to figure out how to go back to work (realtor) since my 3rd was born. I was just about to when we found out #4 was on the way, so i held off for a while. She is 18 m now though, and I really want to have some time and space to do my own thing again, but i feel terrible about it. I don't want to start any WOH vs. SAHM/WAHM wars here, but I really can't bring myself to do it. I guess my whole upbringing and lifestyle would have to change so drasticaly...
Quote: Originally Posted by lach I'm going to have to agree with the others that you freaked out and you owe your son an apology. Hickies are not trashy or slutty. They're really embarrassing as a teenager: let that be punishment enough! I remember suddenly being SOOO happy that my mother had a penchant for buying me Lands End turtlenecks with cutesie little graphics on them. OMG, what teenager in the height of the Grunge years was going to wear a...
Congratulations! Nice to meet you! You have guts girl! The kind of guts I wish I could have had when I had my first. Choosing to uc is not easy, choosing to UP is even harder, doing that without a good support system, and with your first child is dmn near impossible. yeah, its very normal to have fears. they can be good for you. use them to keep on improving your knowledge of birth, and solutions to all those things that you are afraid of. I know how you feel. if it...
Yeah my favorite one was a star shaped one from Target with an inflatable floor. Sooo comfy...... I used a garden tub once too, and that was nice. Not quite as nice as the cushy floor one with the curve walls to lean on, but nice. Tried a regular bathtub once. Bad idea.
Sometimes potassium deficiency can cause muscle cramps. In 2 of my pregs that would aggravate the BH. Also, if you are taking red raspberry leaf, you could try laying off it for a few days and see if that helps. Sometimes it can be a little overstimulating and just plain wear you out. Keep a close watch on that BP. If it is low you may need molasses for iron, if it is high, you may have fluid retention building. Mostly you sound perfectly like I did at 36 weeks. Have a...
ok, i think i could use some help here. I have 4 kids ages 5 months, 2, 4 and 7. 7 and 5 months are a lot alike, both err on the quiet side rather than jump in and be loud, but seem pretty confident, are usually fairly easy for me to understand. I can usually figure out whats wrong when there are behavior issues with the 7 year old. Then there's 2 & 4. those 2 are like twins born 20 months apart and I am told that 2 is just like me. well, this is harder. They do...
hey, i am in a rural area of the southeast and am just plain tired of the grocery store. i also have a large family. we grow a lot of our own stuff, but for the stuff we have to buy, i would like to start buying in bulk about once a month. does anyone know of a good place that i can mail order or internet order from?
ok, i will come here since people are back! i'm gonna say, dishes, make bed wash and dry laundry fix vaccum cleaner vaccum rug in living room get chicken out to thaw make supper
we had those screw in metal hooks on our mantle when i was a kid. small, like 3/4 inch brass type plant hanger thingys. my mom hung other stuff on them the rest of the year, like ribbon, or just left them there. we have hung them from entertainment centers with staples. i think last year we just put them on the floor. we don't get them out until christmas eve though. that is kind of one of our family rituals, to get them out and each kid gets to hang theirs/set it out...