or Connect

Posts by nomadmom

My 13. y.o. dd has asked if she can open a You Tube account. She just wants to share stuff with her friends, and I trust her to be sensible and tell me if she encounters any problems. My concerns are privacy and the possibility of creepy people leaving creepy comments. Dd has said that she could make the account private, but what is the level of privacy? I told her I would try to find out more, so please share what you know. TIA!
Quote: Originally Posted by LandonsMom This is TDF,...seriously!! Lentil Loaf 1/4 to 1/2 bag of lentils prepared per packaging,....maybe over-do them just a little. I want to make this, but... How much is 1/2 bag of lentils? I'm in England!
Quote: Originally Posted by Satori You take my dear long time friend away from me and I'd probably be hurt and pissed too. But the OP was hurt and pissed at being called names, having her feelings (re the wedding/baby shower) ignored and by her dh kissing his friend. If the OP does have insecurity issues, then her dh should be helping her to deal with that *if* he values his marriage more than this friendship. Even if we presume that they...
Quote: Originally Posted by GoBecGo Also as a decent human being, if a friend or a wife of a friend got in touch with me and said that their relationship was actually suffering from my being in their life, i would step back! Or maybe call to reassure them that they have nothing to worry about instead of cussing them out!
Quote: Originally Posted by callie campbell The issue is, it is over a thousand miles away from here. I don't know where you live, but maybe there is a high-level program that's not quite so far away. Even a 1-2 hour commute might be a better option for your family. I'm a former competitive gymnast myself, and so is my dd (also a life-long unschooler), so I do understand the desire to have access to the best coaching possible. Also,...
Quote: Originally Posted by Amatullah0 is the answer to the location in CAPS? i've heard of people calling the company..... There's a drop down menu for choosing your location, so I don't have to type anything. I've emailed for technical support, and had a generic reply. Replied to that and am waiting for another answer. I've been trying all day, and still can't get in. I'm 100% sure I'm entering the right password. Thanks for your...
I can't access my hotmail account. It's telling me I've entered the wrong password. I've tried and tried (caps lock not on), then it said I've entered the wrong password too many times. All my family can access their accounts, so it's specific to mine. When I tried to reset the password, my options were to send the new info. to my email (which I can't access!) or give my location and answer the test question. I know I'm answering the test question correctly, and...
Split peas don't need to be soaked.
What do you mean by "anything bad"? Do you mean low/no sugar/fat, or just no crappy artificial ingredients? What about a basket of mini muffins? That way, even if they are a bit decadent, the athletes can indulge in one without worrying about calories. And if they're not worried about that, they can indulge in several! I'm a former gymnast myself (from a looong time ago), and a huge fan of the sport. I'll go look at my recipes.
Here's my recipe. Super easy and delicious. Rinse and drain 2 c. dried split peas Chop a carrot Peel and dice a large potato Mince 2 cloves garlic In a large pot, saute the garlic 30 seconds in a tsp. or 2 of hot oil. Add the carrot, potato and split peas, along with: 6 c. veg stock 1/2 tsp. onion powder 1/2 tsp. marjoram 1/2 tsp. basil 1/2 tsp. cumin Bring to a boil, then cover and simmer 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Add 1/2 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp....