or Connect

Posts by LuminosaJane

Thanks! My 6mo niece is coming to town in a snugride this summer for a visit. We'll try to get all the seats in and see what it's like with three back there! My 4yo has a hard time buckling herself into her radian so it will be interesting to see how it is for her to get into the seat and how difficult it is for me to reach across and adjust her straps and buckles.
What's the best plan here? Baby #3 is due in October. I will put him/her in a Graco snugride. (Either the crummy one we already have with the dumb tighten-in-the-back straps, or hopefully a new one that still fits into my bob adapter). DD will be almost 5. She is tall 44" now and skinny (40 lbs). She is FF in a Radian (bought 2012). DS will be almost 2. Right now he is RF in my daughter's Britax Boulevard from 2008. Would be nice to keep him RF a bit longer don't you...
My son has been holding his breath since about 8mo after incidents of anger, injury or frustration. During the mild events, when he begins to turn blue, we can blow in his mouth to stimulate him to breathe. During the sever events, that doesn't work and he passes out. Once this happens he starts to breathe again. Our doctors have assures us that this is normal, involuntary and that he will eventually out grow it. This week has been rough--three major incidents each with...
So just wanted to update by saying that we did the version on Wednesday at the hospital and it went well.  Baby flipped, is still head down and the procedure was quite easy.  I couldn't really say that I even thought it was uncomfortable.  Doc said I was a pretty easy case, so I'm thankful for that!
Anyone with a breech baby scheduled for a version?  Anyone have any experience with one?   I am going to try it next week--will be 36 weeks.   Been doing inversions, acupuncture, moxibustion, chiropractic, hypnobabies, Mayan abdominal massage, cold peas/warm compress, flashlight, Bach's Brandenburg Concertos 1-4, you name it for last 2 weeks.  Will continue until appointment...   but am curious about your experience with ECV.   Thanks, mamas!    
I finally got my midwife to check at 33 weeks and baby was breech, which is pretty consistent with what I've felt for a while: kicks down low, hiccups and heartbeat on the upper left side.  I've been doing the full court press (inversions, acupuncture, moxibustion, chiropractic, massage, Mayan abdominal massage, flashlight, cold peas, Bach's Brandenburg concertos 1-4, hypnobabies flip CD) for the last two weeks and no luck so far.  I have an appointment Thursday (I'll be...
I'm planning to take mine.  From what I understand, in my area you have to sign a form.  If you want to take it for encapsulation you might have to sign two forms so that you can take it sooner than later.  The person who will be encapsulating mine has a lot of info on her website on hospital policy and how she can help out with getting the placenta. 
Has your caregiver told you how your baby is positioned by feeling your belly?    My midwife seems pretty opposed to offering any guesses until 36 weeks, at which point I am assuming she'll do an internal and feel for a head.  This is a new midwife this time for me and I'm disappointed by this (she's kind of quick in general imo) and not as "midwifey" as I wish she were.  (This will be a hospital birth, hopefully in water, due to some complicated medical...
Hope all turns out well for you OP.    I had a 3rd degree tear with my dd (posterior birth) and subsequent retained placenta that had to be manually removed.  Things were pretty uncomfortable for me for a year and then I went to the most amazing women's health PT who fixed my entire life, well at least part of life ;)   PT combined with doing Pilates 3 times a week resolved all my troubles with sex and incontinence.    She has a book called Wild Feminine that...
I've have a really limited amount of foods that have sounded good.  Some regular staples are:   edemame, corn and tomato salad was good to me this evening (check recipe at finecooking.com) I've been living off too much cereal so I get museli or high fiber something and 1% milk (usually do skim) Cherries, blueberries. kefir smoothie with flax or hemp protein baked kale chips with olive oil and s/p popcorn (with butter :) black beans plain or in a...