or Connect

Posts by nukuspot

They just hand you the Dept of health info sheet about the vax(xes) you have declined. We don't have an online option so I have no idea what that would be like. I'm sure it would be humorously propaganda filled for those of us who are well researched.
I've not had to get an exemption yet but a few of my friends have (for kindy--that's when it starts--no one monitors you with under school age kids) and yes, it's every year. Most everyone I know gets theirs when they bring their child in for their yearly WCV. It's a stock form and the doc just checks the boxes of the vaxxes the child doesn't have and signs it. They do these all day every day since even if you skip CP you need a waiver. Like I said, it's annoying,...
Fwiw my state has that same law. It's still quite easy to get exemptions and doesn't apply to homeschooled children. So while it may look grim, even if it passes it's not a mandate for vaccination.
Cotton isn't my choice for a bedroom because it tends to breed dust mites. Wool is pretty much my fave fabric for something that can't be washed...Also I'm looking for something quite thick so it can be used as a little soundproofing. Thanks so much for replying through!!!
So is it just cost that makes these vaccinations not part of the routine schedule in the US? Or were they deemed not effacious enough? It can't be severity because Meningitis is obviously much more of a severe illness than say, varicella or rubella.
What legislative outlawing of midwifery and NDs, etc are you referring to?
I'm on my phone too but I'm curious about Nia's strain question as well.
Also if you look at the UK schedule you will find that there are other strong differences with the US schedule. Hep B and chicken pox are optional and only offered to high risk children, as is flu (for older kids--it's just on the schedule as a one time preschool vaccine otherwise.)
Men C is on the primary schedule for vaccines in the UK. It's given at 3 mo alone, then with HiB at a year, then alone again at age 13. http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/vaccinations/Pages/childhood-vaccination-schedule.aspx
I would say the CDC pink book (it's available online) was a great resource for me. It's pretty fact based only--you can learn about prevalence of the VPD, facts about the severity of catching the VPD, vaccine effectiveness, and most anything else (though they don't give too much space to vaccine reactions on there.) Sites like Voices for Vaccination, etc would not be ones I recommend to initially look at first. They are very pro vaccination and have a strong agenda. ...