or Connect

Posts by salt_phoenix

quick add: we also don't get to see nearly as much stuff there by keeping the kids comfortable. We don't venture out nearly as often, nearly as far, or for nearly as long, so you really "miss" a lot. We spent a lot of time at "home" at burning man, socializing with neighbors, to be sure, but be sure you like your neighbors! (best you can-don't camp next to the orgy camp, maybe camp in or near kidsville) Your children will see nudity. They will not (most likely) see...
Quote: Originally Posted by •Adorkable• all depends hugely on what the parents are like and what type of burningman experience they want or are capable of having. if you bring a child, of any age, your whole burn is going to be about them, or it should be. Definitely This. When we take the kids, we only have one "night out" each while the other is with the kids. The entire rest of the week, day and night, is spent tending, hydrating,...
Quote: Originally Posted by MoonStarFalling Large ponytail holder and a small one. I LOVE these!!! So I'm subbing. Again. I just got dreads put in for the third time. Let's hope this time, it's a charm.
I've been many times, dh & I were married there in 2006! I've been there pregnant, I've been there with my tween & infant. I fully endorse this product!
Quote: Originally Posted by southernmama can you do landscaping/ gardening? boy howdy can I! If you want to see what goes on around my homestead, check this out. I've looked into doing some lower ninth community garden work, but I'm still working out the logistics of camping in some of those areas. I wanted to get my girls down there in time to see a parade or two, however I'm pretty flexible.
Agreeing with pp's that winter is le suck. I'm right there with ya though. Nothing like the doldrums to make us very insecure about what we are doing, and where we are going. I've been seeing way too much internet surfing (not even the educational kind), texting, sleeping all day, lack of motivation stuff lately myself to be comfortable (arbitrary standards) I do try to remember that this is what winter is FOR. -hibernation & rest I feel REALLY guilty that my dd isn't...
Hi all. I don't post often, but have hs'd/us'd for more of the last 15 yrs than not. I am 100% happy (i think?thought?) with the us'ing path. I had a situation come up some time back, and I just can't get past it. I don't normally even give a second thought to "what people think", but this one has been giving me grief, for some reason. Maybe some insight? A parent of one of dd's friends came over specifically to tell me this: "Yeah, I homeschooled my oldest, and right...
Quote: Originally Posted by 1jooj salt_phoenix, do you imagine them out there sucking out the bottom rests of all those kids' mountain dew? Eww. I've see them doing it.
If you can afford it, start them off on REAL honey, not sugar syrup. Feeding them sugar syrup is like giving a baby formula. A valuable last resort. imo. A 3 lb. package of bees got an initial gallon of food from me when I started my hive. I didn't lock them up during that time, I allowed them access to the outside for foraging from the get-go. I have faith they won't abscond... NOW! ;-) I won't be feeding them this spring either. All I am really doing is providing...
wow that's cold! Make sure they have access to indoors at all times, and something on the ground-straw or litter in whatever you build. They will freeze their feet from walking on snow & ice. I've had a 'roo get a frost bitten comb at temps warmer than that, and it's now falling off. but they do have big combs, and don't always go to bed. (thank you city lights) A hen won't have quite as much trouble. They are good at keeping each other warm, but of course they...