or Connect

Posts by salt_phoenix

I have BEES! If you don't want to sit through 7:30 of video, you can see stills HERE. Ember LOVES them. She wants to finger, touch, mush and otherwise PLAY with the bees. She's already had her first sting, and funny enough, it wasn't anywhere near where my bees are. She found one yesterday morning that was cold and slow and proceeded to pick it up with those cute little sausage pinchers. She handled it like a trooper the moment I scratched the stinger out. She...
I am not a "gardener" per se, however I have grown some things over the years, mostly as a gardeners partner. You know: plant, weed, water, harvest? You know, the easy stuff. Preparing the ground? Not so much. This year, I have a huge garden space. It is a pasture that has not had anything in it for maybe 20 years. The soil doesn't seem particularly poor, it seems healthy. That is, if LOOKING at it gives any indication There are lots of worms, seems good texture. I...
Quote: Originally Posted by katbomumof3 Hey I"m a white girl with fine hair, there is hope! It can work! I would be a lot more confident if I had a dready buddy... dh wasn't very helpful any of the times I've tried before and he is/was SO SLOW (and unmotivated) that took WEEKS to get half my head done. Then they fell out/too small/big/ugly/hurts/ squabbling & stomping off... "just forget it then!"'s from me...... le sigh... Locking should...
Quote: Originally Posted by cindyanne1 Mine is decorated with mud and straw and random smears of chicken poo... and the occasional curious hen. And at least a weeks worth of newspaper that needs to be shredded into mulch. Oh and vintage foodstuffs. In the form of dried on egg sitting on plates on the kitchen counter.
Quote: Originally Posted by Sasha_girl I tell myself, during those moments of uncertainty, that if I wanted to take the well-travelled path I would work at, say, that bank. I'd drive a Honda Civic, have 2.5 kids who go to public school and who do Little League and Cub Scouts, and a small dog named Buster. I'd have a McMansion kit home in a subdivision with a homeowner's association that says I can only paint my house this shade of yellow, tan, or white....
Quote: Originally Posted by helen_emily Marijuana opium very cheap? LOL is some kind of crazy poppy/cannabis hybrid? I do remember like 22 years ago or something partaking in a never since seen Thai-Stick. Anyone ever hear of this or seen it since? PS I just realized this wasn't the cannabis thread... I lurk on this thread all the time because I can't seem to get dreads and keep them in... white girl, fine hair, no help or assistance...
Quote: Originally Posted by firecat I need to stop feeding him "that way". I'm not ACTUALLY speechless, but I won't tell you what I'd tell MINE if that came out of his mouth. Dea:
Xanax: Sarah Lynne... PLEASE be careful with the xanax. it's HIGHLY addictive, should be used for SHORT TERM (two weeks or less) use and is NOT good for the wiring in your brain. A tiny bit will soon turn into a LOT and in the long run I PROMISE PROMISE PROMISE it will be worse for your anxiety problem. It really does make your threshold for anxiety non-existent over time. I have been addicted to this drug and it is NOT fun to come off of it. It took 3 weeks to be able to...
A hairless cat? (but is cat allergy saliva related? ) Seriously, the only/best ONLY good answer I have ever had in dealing with mice were cats. Good Luck!
Quote: Originally Posted by kayla14 i'm convinced we only unschool because i'm lazy : but when I ask dd#2 if she'd rather learn in a school, her answer is, "what? and miss all THIS?" And she is SO not lazy.