or Connect

Posts by bluetoes

Love the idea of the chair outside his door! He is four and a bit and has been in his own room since he was a few months old. He is just the sort of kid who wants to play forever and when he gets tired he starts moving faster to keep himself awake! He isn't at all scared of being by himself in his room or sleeping in the dark. There is just too much to do to waste time sleeping There are two bathrooms upstairs for him to use. So he doesn't need to come down for...
Since blueboy moved to his big boy bed, getting him to go to bed has been a real struggle. Honestly I would settle for him to sit and play in his room, it's just we need peace after a long day! But mainly I worry he isn't get enough sleep. How do you guys deal with pre-schoolers who refuse to go to bed and stay in their rooms? The requests for more milk and potty never seem to end. He can go potty by himself, but because he isn't a good eater (whole other thread!)...
All I can offer you is a virtual hug! Honestly, your son is going to be fine and you have to forgive yourself. You are going to be doing a huge service to some many children and parents out there by learning this lesson and that is an AMAZING thing! What's done is done. If your son ever asks why just tell him you thought you were doing what was best. Every single day we just try to do what is best and sometimes we realize we made mistakes despite our best...
This could be purely coincidental, but my first when I wasn't on meds was born almost a month early, had reflux, and is now a very sensitive, often stressed child. My second was born full term, has no reflux, and is the most laid back happy baby you'll ever meet. I have to wonder if the stress I went through with my first pregnancy might have caused me to have my first early and lead to the other problems. Probably coincidence, but perhaps not.
I was advised that the benefits outweighed the risks and took it all through my pregnancy and nursing. My baby had no withdrawal effects and now a perfectly little happy guy at 9 months. The best thing is I avoided PPD this time around. I made the mistake of stopping my anti-d first time around and suffered terribly through my pregnancy and had terrible PPD. That certainly wasn't good for my little one. Anyway, I was advised by two high risk OBs to stay on it and...
Quote: Originally Posted by LeslieB This is exactly how my son's is, too. If someone just glanced, they might think he was circumcised since the foreskin doesn't hang down over the top of the penis. When he was born, it didn't quite go to the top, but now it does. The foreskin just doesn't cover the underside because of the mild hypospadius. Same here. It's kind of strange and I just don't get the 'cleaner' argument because I am completely...
Hello My little one has a mild hypospadia. I would like to have him examined by a pediatric urologist to get an opinion on it. But I want to find one who isn't surgery happy and assumes a circumcised penis is the norm therefore everyone should want one. Anyone come across one in the Houston area? Thanks!
I feel your pain. It's starting for me too. I bought some 'Fisherman's friend' brand ginger gum. It seems to help a bit. At night time benadryl helps or phenergan by prescriptions. I have heard others recommend ginger snaps. I find if you just keep a little something in your stomach it helps. Last pregnancy I was so sick I could barely work and kept down no food. I ended up taking Zofran for it because it was non-drowsy. The side effects is it made my...
With my last pregnancy we saw the little alien looking blob and a heartbeat at 7 weeks. I have my 1st ultrasound next week and can't wait! I found going to that appointment very reasuring as a good heartbeat on the ultrasound shows your change is miscarriage is greatly reduced. I guess I am just paranoid, but it helped me sleep at night last time to see teeny baby!
Due Date: 1/2/10, but was 3.5 weeks early before so thinking we're getting a Christmas present Screen name: Real name (Or what you want to be called): Jen Baby #: 2 Hoping for Pink or Blue? Or will either do? Either will do but have the perfect girl's name picked and have a boy, but I don't care, just a healthy baby, preferably a VBAC