or Connect

Posts by ceilydhmama

Quote: Originally Posted by Shera971 In regards to it being illegal, I'm pretty sure no charges could be laid where I live (Canada). If it were me, I just wouldn't go back. I'm totally not advocating having playgroup leaders arrested but when I was looking up the US stuff (I ended up doing a story on it) I checked Canada as well. Our assault laws are even broader - and include touching without consent or causing fear. One case I came across...
Quote: Originally Posted by Super Glue Mommy interesting, thank you for the insight ceily!! Your welcome. I was surprised when it happened to my friend - I think the other child's parent over reacted... But at the same time there is really no reason for another adult to be touching someone else' s child and certainly no reason to force a child to do something - so I'm glad the law is there. You can find loads of different examples if you do a...
Actually - in many states just touching someone else's child can be considered simple assault or 4th degree assault or in some places battery. A friend was charged and sentenced to anger management classes when he physically stopped a 4-year-old (he put his arm out to block the boy and the child ran into him and bounced back) from kicking sand on his 3-year-old son. I looked it up then - basically anytime an adult touches your child with out your permission they are...
Ooh, I love that!!
Sign me up too. My blog is on my profile. Either find it through my home page website or in the about me section. It's a paid blog for a magazine - so I don't have control over the layout. Thanks!! Diane
Do you have a contract? Or an email that states what rate you agreed too? It's not important what other mags pay in your situation as you already had an agreement. Rates are all over the map though - local pubs are often in the 20-35 cents per word range with some paying up to $1.50 a word... Were you given a reason for the cut in pay? Diane
Quote: Originally Posted by white_queen_22 I've been so stinking busy. Really just crazy. Got an acceptance from Mothering on my Birth of a Playmate article so HURRAY! Yeah for that! *laughing* No word on when it will be published but still - very cool. Time to move on and query a few other jobs/articles/pieces and keep the ball rolling on the print thing. Angela <>< Wonderful news! It is really about having queries out all...
I keep accidentally calling it Halloween because DD has gotten so many sweets... I did like the sweet tarts though - they brought back fun memories I had fun blogging on the topic: http://www.granvilleonline.ca/gr/blogs/home-economics
I'm paid to blog - so it might be a bit different. But I blog about a topic I'm passionate about and where I have some growing to do. So it keeps my interest up and I never run out of topics...
Maia has never really asked for a baby, only an older sister, which is trickier... I babysat fairly often when she was younger and we often hang out with families with two kids - so when she's overwhelmed by other kids I have to admit I point out all the ways we're fortunate to have such a small peaceful family For the most part though I approach it from the positive perspective. I tend to play up the good parts of our life - and point out those moments when being an...