or Connect

Posts by ceilydhmama

I couldn't read and not post. Have you called one of the free credit services for advice? If you have mortgages that are almost paid off - can you refinance?
[QUOTE=TiredX2;12218422]Now *that* I find odd. My dd's words were a combination of words that had to do with their lessons and words that kids in the class encountered during the week that had intrigued them. It was fascinating to see how excited they became about spelling and vocabulary development when they were spelling a word that a classmate contributed
looks fine to me - but my daughter's first grade class spelled metamorphosis, proboscis, compartmentalize and renegade...
I'm having one of those weeks where life is good - I went to the gym, finished two stories before they were due, hosted dinner three night in a row (the food rocked), got a couple of awesome assignments, got my first book back from the publisher: saw a couple of old friends, visited my family, talked to Cathy Jones (this reference will only be meaningful to Canadians - but yes, that Cathy Jones), planned three great trips, Dh and I are coming up on our 18th anniversary and...
Thanks so much everyone: It is neat to hold it in my hands. And a friend and I are going to walk to the bookstore tomorrow to look at it on the shelf
Quote: Originally Posted by mamabeca WOOHOO!!! I'm very proud of you. I dream of the day...and I may buy your book - we are hoping to move back to the upper mainland sometime soon (yk, somewhere between Gibson's and Wilson's Creek/Sechelt, my pref. to Robert's Creek). I've done some exploring in/around Nanaimo - Duncan, but would love to do MORE! Congratulations, mama. you worked hard and deserve all the great feelings you must be having...
Quote: Originally Posted by jakesmama Congratulations! That's an awesome achievement, good for you. Sounds like an interesting read for the area too. Is it for someone traveling there or living there looking for things to do and facts? It could be for anyone. The publisher's idea is that local should read it and learn all sorts of things they didn't know and travelers should read it to get a feel for a place and learn some insider secrets...
I co-wrote a book last winter and it just arrived. Yay!
When I first decided to be a writer, my husband bought me gorgeous pen and a moleskin notebook. I've since been through 3 moleskins and have a little one that fits in my purse. I also have a waterproof notebook and a little spiral one I bought when I thought I forgot my notebook on a trip. Currently I have four on the go and never know which set of notes are in which book. And despite all these books, they are almost always heaped around my desk - and not with me when I'm...
Quote: Originally Posted by evies_mom Well we are planning a camping trip and leaving tomorrow, so writing has needed to take a back seat for a few days, but that is ok with me. Family time is a good thing. However, I heard back from my first query that I sent out on Aug 6! It's a yes. This was to Bay State Parent, the largest regional mag in New England and will be on car seat safety! YIPE! I can't believe it! I wrote that query when the first...