or Connect

Posts by Valerieg

That sounds delicious!  For me, it was Shaklee vanilla whey.  :)  
I'm willing to do one u/s per pregnancy (unless there's trouble) and my 20-week u/s revealed twins.  My OB couldn't get two heartbeats, didn't palpate them, and I was in complete denial (my little ones were 18 mo & 3 1/2!)  prior.  My first two births were all natural, hands-off, with only one u/s.  But I'm very glad I had them checking in on the twins (the least amount necessary, of course).   But there are cases with twins where u/s can save a life.  Two friends of...
I haven't posted in awhile (my twins are 21 mo).   If you can afford it, get two EZ2nurse pillows, unless you're in a ranch.  It was a lifesaver that I didn't have to carry them up and down the stairs in addition to my two little bundles.  I was able to get mine both used, one from a mama here and another locally.     Bouncy seats x 2 for each level of your home.  Same reason.  Safe place to put them on each level.  A pack n play would work too.     Laundry...
I just happened to see this- I drive a Dodge Grand Caravan. My little ones are nearing 5 & 3 and then 7 mo twins. It's heaven sent in the fact that the doors open automatically (and close automatically too) and I can climb down the center if necessary. I never wanted a minivan but it is the best vehicle for all these kids. The cargo space can't be beat. We just spent a week at a lake house and had to take two PNPs, a double stroller, fishing gear, all our bedding,...
I was just asking another local MoM friend about #1- she just uses her stroller or parks next to a corral. I'm getting really sick of our carriers here and also know that I was using my sling far more with my older two! But I have four so I rarely go to stores with any (or all) of them anyway. LOL And for #2, they just scan your stroller like everyone said. We took the Twin Aria (which I regret, no offense to those who love it) and I wish we'd left it in Mexico. ...
Maybe a different type of cover would help. One that sort of folds in on his backside and gets a better gusset grip on the thighs. We've always used fitteds and covers for the itty bitties (Bummis covers mostly) and have had great success. My twins saved their poops for 3+ days! So you can imagine what kind of diapers those were. And the Kissaluvs with Bummis covers really did the trick. With a good backside fit our FuzziBunz contained them as well. Just so you...
Mine are just about to be 7 mo. It was hard in the first few weeks, then easier, it got harder again around 4 mo (when they didn't just have needs, they had *wants*), and then easier again. Mine are beginning to crawl so I see craziness in my future. Not from them necessarily, but all the choking hazards that my older two create on a minute-by-minute basis. Twinproofing is on the agenda this weekend! Oh, and I can't even imagine 2 1/2-3 1/2. Having had older...
My twins are now almost 7 months and they've each only had two bottles of EBM. I have obligations (two older children, school, church, and social) but they never have me away for more than an hour or two max. And the bottles were a choice I made, one for a bridal shower (3 hours) and the other a birthday lunch (3 hours). It would have been hard to get away in the early days, their schedules were slightly unpredictable, but I would have felt comfortable if they were in...
I didn't find out about my twins until the 20 week u/s and I'm sort of glad. It made for far fewer weeks of worry. It seemed that worry set in immediately upon hearing the news. Mine are identical (though nobody can tell me with 100% certainty without a DNA test) but had their own sacs. It is unclear about the placenta, not sure if it was one huge one or fused. But, you can't tell my boys apart and they have been the exact same height and weight since the 20 wk...
Just popping in (saw this on my Windows 7). I've always done this too! It was comforting to me as the days went on. And, when I had my twins, it was even more comforting to me since the chances of early delivery go up. Thankfully all four of my babies were full term. But just knowing that medical science has come so far and can help such precious little angels is so great.