or Connect

Posts by rockys

My sweet little boy had a nasty stomach bug.  Five days of vomiting.  He is better.  Energy, appetite but he is different.  He is just so irritable, screams and yells a lot, has a hair trigger.  I had him checked out at the doctor to see if something else was wrong.   I was thinking about starting him on a probiotic.  Maybe to heal up his tummy?  Any suggesions on which one?                       Any thoughts?
My sweet little boy had a nasty stomach bug.  Five days of vomiting.  He is better.  Energy, appetite but he is different.  He is just so irritable, screams and yells a lot, has a hair trigger.  I had him checked out at the doctor to see if something else was wrong.   It is a night and day difference.   Any thoughts?   Raquel
I know I shouldn't worry but I do.   My three year old (four in February) has always been a terrible sleeper.  As in, would never sleep on his own from the moment he came home from the hospital.  I had to carry him forever.   He is now very verbal and is still a horrible sleeper.  He wakes up a couple times a night.  He still sleeps with us b/c it is the only way I can get any rest.   Lately, I have realized that what seems to be waking him up are his...
I know I shouldn't worry but I do.   My three year old (four in February) has always been a terrible sleeper.  As in, would never sleep on his own from the moment he came home from the hospital.  I had to carry him forever.   He is now very verbal and is still a horrible sleeper.  He wakes up a couple times a night.  He still sleeps with us b/c it is the only way I can get any rest.   Lately, I have realized that what seems to be waking him up are his...
About five years ago, my then two sons had recurrent strep infections. They both tested positive as carriers and were treated. Seemed the problem was solved. Starting about eight months ago, the strep returned. I now have three boys and usually one or two of them will get it with every episode. I always get it. We have all been tested and no one is a carrier (they were all good swabs..we all gagged well). DH has never had it but has also been tested and is not the...
My 3 year old son is a great kid. An amazing sense of humor and very, very verbal. His default position when he dosen't get his way is to be pretty aggressive. He either says not nice things or to hurt people. He has become known as the problem child in preschool. I see it happen and it is almost like he is having "testosterone explosions". I watch him and see that he has little control. My middle son has Autism but is not aggressive. But, I am pretty schooled in...
My 3 year old son is a great kid. An amazing sense of humor and very, very verbal. His default position when he dosen't get his way is to be pretty aggressive. He either says not nice things or to hurt people. He has become known as the problem child in preschool. I see it happen and it is almost like he is having "testosterone explosions". I watch him and see that he has little control. My middle son has Autism but is not aggressive. But, I am pretty schooled in...
I am pretty down to earth mom of three in Phoenix. Two special needs kiddos, 43 and too much weight on me. I have tried to get this weight off on my own but realize I need help. I need someone who is sensitive my rock-bottom self image and the fact that my kid's medical needs are my top priority. Anyone have any suggestions for the Central Phoenix area? Raquel
Melatonin is great for going to sleep but not putting back to sleep once down for the night. We also used Benadryl for middle of the night awakenings. The effects do wear off over time but is great for emergencies. Have you talked to a doctor about medication? I would. Our sleep issues were resolved with medication. Not sleep medication per se, but once his mood was somewhat regulated, he slept through the night. Go see a doctor, get a script and fill it. You...
I am a longtime poster but haven't contributed for awhile. My now eight year old son has ASD. I had my third son three years ago yesterday. (My first son was born four months premature, multiple sever handicaps). When my baby was born, I was seized with a complete and overwhelming fear that he would have ASD. His horrible colic and food issues didn't seem to allay those fears. I was consumed. I prayed and dreamed of the day when he would turn three and be...