or Connect

Posts by Thandiwe

Just wanted to be sure and share this here.  I have been reading up on GLAs and how they help the body create prostaglandins.  I've done EPO in the past, but borage oil came up as a higher source of GLAs, so I grabbed a bottle last night to try.  I didn't do enough research in hindsight, and I just decided to start taking it.  I did some reading tonight, and it turns out that borage oil, along with several other herbs I already knew about, contains pyrrolizidine...
Oh she is so gorgeous!!  And what an awesome, empowering birth story!!  Congrats, mama!! 
I'm so happy you got the birth you've been needing!!  How healing!!!!  I've been waiting to hear your birth story. My second birth was our first home birth/natural birth after a very intervention-laden, epidural first birth.  It was so healing for me and UBBER empowering!!    My mom had a home birth for one of us - the middle of the three of us - and we were living on an island, literally an island, in the dead of winter. It's a summer cottage type island, so most...
Congratulations!!  How awesome to be able to snuggle him now!!  
That's awesome!!  I noticed a knock-off brand at BrU last night for about $10 cheaper and only 3, but they were 40"x40" and a rougher material, so I opted for these ones.  I never thought about buying muslin and making some!  Since this little guy is #4, I already have about 99% of everything, and what I didn't have I pretty much got resale or secondhand from people.  It felt good to buy a little something new to spoil him with, hence a splurge purchase I wouldn't have...
These bigger style lightweight blankets are great for the carseat, nursing cover, burp cloth, you name it.  We keep them on hand for tummy time or diaper changes out and about too.  I don't like the flannel ones for anything other than cutting up and sewing into diaper wipes, lol.    My babies are always too big for them.  Maybe someone else has some input?    And the swaddlers are so snugly!  I've never seen Aden and Anais' but I had a fleece swaddler with my February...
I just bought these last night and wanted to share with you guys.  They are INCREDIBLE!!  I wish I had found them several babies ago!!  First, they are muslin cotton, so thinner and more breathable than flannel. Second, they are 44"x44" versus the standard 30"x30" of the flannel ones.  Meaning, you can use them for longer, more efficiently, and purposes such as nursing covers, etc.  I really, really, love this splurge and hope someone else checks them out...
There are so many factors to weigh while making this decision.  I just know that with my first, I went about 24 hours before becoming really exhausted and agreeing to an epidural just to rest.  Getting the epidural in active labor was so, so awful.  The IV didn't bother me at all, but sitting still during horrendous contractions...I thought it would kill me!!   This is a big change to have to come to terms with and have to accept.  I would practice as much meditation,...
I would do the hep lock, personally.  It is a nuisance, however, it could be REALLY obnoxious to have to sit still while they poke around to get your vein while in hard-core labor, 4 hours later.  I'm sorry plans have changed for you.  That has to be disappointing.  
He's gorgeous, Ninetales!!