or Connect

Posts by Thandiwe

I told my kids earlier in the pregnancy that when my belly got big, I would let them paint it.  Now we're in our last few weeks and it's time to make good.  Have any of you done this?  If so, what kind of paints did you use and where did you get them from?
I have a good friend IRL who cannot birth naturally, period.  She goes for a WEEK in labor with excruciating back pain (completely unexplained) and just cannot progress.  She has tried with the first couple of her 4 births to have a home birth and each time ended up in the hospital with an epidural, able to get relief from the pain enough to deliver.  By #3, she accepted that her body just *can't* do it on it's own - and they've tried EVERYTHING for a week straight until...
  I couldn't agree more!!  With my large baby, it took me a long time to get over the guilt I felt when *my own midwife* blamed me for his size.  Looking back, it makes zero sense.  I had the bloodwork done, I know my diet, etc, etc, etc.  I really think it just happened, but she told me it was my fault because I ate too much protein.  Placing blame on moms, especially moms who are already making really awesome, healthy choices to care for their babies, is just nuts.  I...
These are my thoughts.  Like you said, Ninetales, it's your *own* doctor, not whoever's on call.  It sounds like it's clear in your head.  Know this: You have come now to full term.  Your little one will be healthy and beautiful and just fine.  It might be different if we were talking 34/35 weeks...but you're there now.  It's not the ideal, but I'd try to embrace it and move forward towards your little one.  I'm not in your shoes, but it seems the wisest choice and it...
I struggle with the notion of a trial of labor for VBAC before a very probably c-sec.  I was with a mama all through her trial of labor for a VBAC with a bigger baby last summer.  She went for nearly 2 days before deciding to check in and get the c-sec.  Her arteries in her womb were so large and inflammed that the surgeon accidentally stitched into one of them.  It split as she moved into recovery and she bled out.  They were able to save her life and she was able to...
I love, love, love Kate!  I would highly recommend her!  I have never heard of a homebirth friendly OB in the area, but I may be wrong.  When I lived downstate (we're up in the Sag/BC/Midland area), we just used our family doctor for all tests and he was very HB supportive (his own wife had several homebirths).  He's in Imlay City (Lapeer County) though.
Not that I'm aware of, but be sure to ask your doctor or midwife. 
It's probably the low blood pressure mixed with increased pelvic pressure as the baby gets heavy.  I get it often and have in other pregnancies; I too have low blood pressure.  I definitely get it when bending over (which I avoid at all costs now, I just squat to get stuff) and sometimes when standing for a period of time.  Also if I get up quickly.  I'm starting to get numbness and electrical shocks in my inner thighs a lot too as baby is deeply buried into my pelvis...
We have a Rubbermaid tote in the downstairs bathroom.  It's rectangular.  I keep it wide open, and then just throw the diapers in there.  With poopy ones, we have a pair of rubber gloves hanging on the outer edge, so I just slip them on and rinse it off, then throw into the tote.  On wash day, I bring the tote into the basement and empty.  Because adequate ventilation gets around all the diapers, it doesn't smell (unless I have build up then the ammonia smell can knock...
Contact your doctor.  My sister got a free one, since there are so many *deals* out there.  I bought a good one for $20 at Walmart, and many times you can get your insurance to cover strips, etc.  I would ask about it, especially now that you have a diagnosis.  Insurance should *definitely* cover it then.