or Connect

Posts by nonibradshaw

Thank you, thank you, thank you for all the awesome information! This is exactly what I needed. I was feeling really overwhelmed. Nothing like "mainstream" America to intimidate and belittle someone who doesnt fall directly in line with narrow minded ideals. I think the part that worried me most is having a sincere conviction against vax but not sure how to prove it, kwim? I am highly spiritual in a nondonominational way and mainstream doesnt always seem to respect...
I was hoping to collaborate with other NY families w/ LO in public school....specifically the Cortland/Ithaca area; but anyone that could help would be greatly appreciated! When I called the school, the admissions office acted as if they had NEVER come across such a thing...the woman actually said she would have to get back to me and it may take "A LONG" time to find "THAT KIND" of answer!!! I understand the fundamentals of religious exemption but I am not...
Quote: Originally Posted by Joyster If you don't want to leave them, that's cool! I have a friend who has never once even left her kid with her husband to take care of. She's a happy, well adjusted mom and more power to her. For some people, that's what they want to do, doesn't make them any more or less of a bad or maladjusted parent. Oy, I must be a bad momma to some people on this forum because I've left my kids with their grandparents overnight a...
Why not ask for a tricycle or something he can peddle. That way she could still go on walks and hecould get some exercise too. My DS had a motorized hand me down at that age and it's not like they hop in and navigate with any sort of percision...it's more like drive straight, get stuck, hollar for someone to manually yank the car out of the bush..then they figure out the reverse switch and, well, more of the same!! Good luck.
I love the timer. It was a life saver for DS1 who needed sufficient warning before changing "gears". DS1 will be five in July. Recently we took a few old wall clocks and next to the numbers I put pictures of animals. Instead of just being conditioned by the buzzer he can start to "tell time". An example would be in the morning Ill say "Its 8:00 now...when the big hand gets to the turtle it will be 8:15 and time to get dressed. When we first intoduced the clock we...
I am looking for an alternative to plastic in my freezer. I make tomato sauce and veggie stock in large batches. Can I freeze mason jars w/ liquid inside?
I have a few thoughts here. The general rule in our home is we "teach our children how to think not what to think" and food is no exception. I can only speak for my own food quirks/dislikes and I expect my children to do the same. Since I make all the meals, I dont appreciate anyone coming to the table and grumble and gag. I do however accept a "no thank you, may I have (insert substitue here). I'll gladly sub with a sandwhich or cereal and fruit. The other motive...
Quote: Originally Posted by GuildJenn I agree that there is a possibility for over-involvement, especially when a child is older, and especially when it comes to competitive environments - higher ed, sports, etc. But I really hate to see the term "helicopter parent" thrown around with abandon, and especially at parents of younger children, which is what I'm addressing here. I think AP parents sometimes get flack that way - "if he sleeps in your bed...
I always know I am prego by my sense of smell. Everything is SUPER smelly and that makes me SUPER gaggy!
With DS2 I had to be mobile almost immediately b/c I had a toddler with needs too. A good sling and nursing shirt should free you up a bit. DS 2 had a similar eat-a-little, nap-a-little routine. We used a maya wrap and I found the best nursing shirt (for me) to be one that looked like a "normal" top but had a flap that went over the breast. Between the sling and the shirt I was able to go about my business while nursing. I hope this is useful. Goodluck