or Connect

Posts by Megan73

Thanks. I'll look forward to seeing it.
Wow! Do you have a link or citation?
Oh sweets... I'm so, so sorry. You are so brave and it just SUCKS that this has happened to you again. Thinking of you....
I wouldn't worry about it - neither of my kids were very interested in food until they had the pincer grip and could totally self-feed - BUT my IBCLC did tell me that babies need a source of iron in the second half of the first year. I mostly let them self-feed solids (broccoli spears, chunks of banana, sweet potato or avocado) but I did spoon or hand feed an iron-rich food. My second baby really liked organic beef cooked until really soft in the slow cooker and pureed...
She sounds like a happy, healthy baby! But her weight gain does seem a bit low. My understanding from kellymom.com - which has great resources on normal infant growth - that the typical EBF baby doubles birthweight between three and four months and triples by a year. Average weight gain is 5-7 ounces a week to four months and 4-5 ounces from four to six months. I found an interesting link about "natural" slow growers but it suggests it's still a concern if baby is gaining...
Thanks, mama. Dr. Google thinks it's likely a cyst but I'll get to my doc as soon as I can.
Thanks, mama. Mastitis or a plugged duct would have been my first thought but I checked out kellymom.com and the symptoms just don't seem to add up. I e-mailed my LC and she said she'd never heard of a varicose vein on the nipple and didn't know what my symptoms could mean. I think I'm off to the doctor, who luckily hasn't blinked an eye at me nursing my toddler...
What makes you think you need to supplement? Is he not gaining as he should? Kellymom.com has great resources on normal infant growth. I ask because you say you thaw milk and he doesn't want it or drinks 1/4 ounces - suggesting he's getting plenty to eat! If you froze the milk in bags you could peel off the plastic, cut off a piece with a sharp knife and put the rest back in the freezer in a ziploc bag. You could also try upping the dom - some mothers are now taking 160 mg...
Thanks, mamas.
Argh. Just got back from the park with DS1 and his size 4 pants (with the waist cinched as tight as they go) kept falling around his ankles. But his size three pants look like capris. Where can I buy (reasonably priced) pants for a slim four-year-old?