or Connect

Posts by sleepies

ice tea we use a teamaker machine thing (like a coffeemaker) but for icetea. i make a pot a day always decaf sometimes GREEN, or EARL GREY, usually, just normal. i love that thing. we use it year around.
i like having my body back. pregnancy really makes me feel depressed. i know it shouldn't. but it does. i have always felt WONDERFUL once they were born though. wish i felt differently. im not having anymore anyway. if i were, id even consider hypnosis.
you are my new hero! i want to be like you, but i am sooooooo afraid of confrontation. i never really say anything. usually i end up breaking off contact with people, who don't change. i make my views known. and try to set examples. but i am no good with giving out "rules" to adults. i think you SHOULD...i think i SHOULD, but i'm such a wimp with that. good for you. bad on her.
i tried working when my middle son (at the time my youngest) was 3yrs old. i had this WONDERFUL job. a nice daycare facility. he HATED it. more than that, he began to regress, and really started worrying me with his behavior. he would cry. say such sad things. i hope you do not have to quit. i hope that time will fix it for you. working wasn't best for us. so i left work. i miss the job. but you have to do what is best for YOU and your family. if one realllly...
that's awful! WTF do they think the pap is for??? : the pap detects HPV issues which is an STD which causes cancer. i think i'd go with her next time she refills and MAKE THEM DO TESTING...or even now, if you are really concerned.
it is so annoying. older people are the MAIN ones that i notice doing that stuff. because they did not have these same "RULES" we have these days. they think "it was ok in 1960 it is ok now"... im sure the chances of an allergy are actually pretty slim..from a one time thing... but the chances that the baby will LOVE the taste of sweet and reject something less sweet = higher. who'd want smashed up carrots if they could have ice cream? if you didn't know the...
toddlers are so difficult. nothing wrong with you. at least you KNOW , and are working on it. that is all anyone can do. i guess my advice is try to remember that ALL toddlers do whacky stuff, that drives us nuts.... it is our job to try to redirect that energy into positive behaviors and teach approiate alternatives. take it slow. weird advice: sometimes i try to make-believe that there are recorders or cameras on me...and it helps me to stay more in...
i hear you. i have not met ONE person that is "gentle disciline" or even close to it. all my friends are total spankers, screamers, you name it..... it is awful for me. i try to set good examples. and honstly, my kids are SOOOO much better behaved, that you'd think they'd take notice, but it seems to go right past them. i try to avoid really voicing any opinionss about it with them...unless asked. it is hard. i understand how you feel, is what i am...
some kids are just "HARDER" than others for sure. there does (to me) seem to be something bothering him, that he would do a lot of things "on purpose" ....it would be helpful to know what he hopes to gain by misbehaving? attention? energy? _____? i have trouble figuring out their motives myself. we try to just have a very FEW rules, so that it is easier to "behave". perhaps concentrating on "cause and effect" would help?....walk him through processes... "if...
it would be nice if people would ASK the parent quietly, before offering any food to the kids. seems people don't usually ask us though. it is a hard situation. the main problem i have with giving into occasional junk food = that my kid starts asking and begging for the junk food ALL the time, and sometimes even refuses to eat the good stuff he use to like. then we have to struggle with it again. so, i try to not make many exceptions. (basically what janerose said,...