or Connect

Posts by sleepies

my baby is only 5 months, but im already thinking about pre-schools. we are new to the area. how did you find your preschool? is their such a thing as a public pre-school? what kind of things should you look for in a good one? we don't qualify for "head start". i wish wish wish that everyone could be in headstart. my first son was in that and it was fantastic what do i do? we aren't religious. can i send him to a religious school? ack! what do...
im no help but i will say that 'mainstream' magazines are more about AP than you might think. "Mothering" is the only magazine that I have found that is tolerant of different choices. GO MOTHERING
i had boobies by 9 i had my period by 9 hair. etc if she is in public school, i recommend you speak to her. PE can be a weird experience if you are the only "early bloomer"
I did it! I bought the sling! hehehehehehe I always swore I'd never use one, but I just got it. Mostly for our trip, but it might come in handy from time to time also. There are times that Alexander wants me to feed him when I am trying to shop. I bet I can feed and shop! LOL anything that helps me shop is awesome. it HURTS my arm to hold him and the bottle both...and push a cart hahahah dh is calling me "Pappose"momma
Great question! I wanted to ask the same thing! I think strollers are wonderful. Much better than holding their hand up over their head and trying to navigate them around. My son always complains about walking. I wish people strollered big kids! I miss the days of putting him in there and going about my business! My baby loves his stroller. He sits there and looks around. Always "talking" to new people. It is very comfortable. I wheel him around like he is...
i think the reason some states "check up" on you is this: more in the past then now: people use to take their kids out of school to make them work on the farm or in the workplace somewhere that is why they have the laws in some places. the laws may be outdated today though. no idea. just wanted to share that. i really don't think the state is doing it to spy.
my 9 year old is from time to time. im not sure when he started it isn't really a "bad thing"......as it shows they have a mind of their own, intelligence, and that they aren't afraid. it could be bad, if they were sarcastic to the wrong person, but I get a kick out of it sometimes. He doesn't do this to strangers. The other day my DH was laughing at him for spilling something....and my son said, "be glad I didn't spill it on your precious rug">... my dh has...
well, i saw animals do it, but the first time i saw with my own eyes human's doing it was when i was 16. my best friend's sister was breastfeeding her baby. I was kind of shocked. i had never really thought about people doing it. actually, it use to sort of shock me. until..........until this last pregnancy actually. because all the magazines had articles and all of the chat rooms were full of breastfeeders. then i took a class aobut it. now i am not...
Well, I wanted to share that I am in a telecourse. It has been great. I plan to take lots more. Most colleges do offer these. You either watch videos, or you watch tv (or tape from tv). You also get books and a "student guide". I have to go on campus for tests, but there are only two tests per semister. The tests are on weekends. I strongly recommend for anyone interested in school to take telecourse classes. You get the same credit as if you were "On...
i'd suggest making it fun you can try and turn it into a game....asking her questions and such....give her a "Star" when she gets it right. you can draw the star or get stickers. when my oldest son gets an A on homework that gets sent back home, we put the A on a Excel Spreadsheet. This teaches him to use excel as well as tracks his grades. when he gets X number of stars we go someplace "Special", such as the zoo or something. little kids like stickers