or Connect

Posts by azdesertrn

Spider plants are supposed to be nontoxic to cats.    My spider plants seem to do fine with low light.  I have one hanging and a couple on top of the fridge - none get direct sunlight and they have all survived for years.  When I forget to water them they just look pale and perk right up once I remember.  They are supposed to be good for absorbing indoor air pollution and improving air quality.
Huh, I just tried using the forums with Internet Explorer and my back button does work there (although it seemed slow).  Maybe it is only a problem with firefox, but why only with this site and not others?
Back button hasn't been working for me either for days.  It works on all other websites.    I'm using Firefox in case the browser makes a difference.
I had a frightening experience years ago when my DS was a baby.  He coslept, usually against me with my arm around him.  Being a paranoid new mom, I would frequently put my hand on his chest to make sure he was still breathing.  Once in the middle of the night I put my hand on him, felt breathing and then slowly in my half asleep state realized I was feeling FUR!  I simultaneously screamed and launched the cat across the room.  DS was fine - he didn't even wake up when I...
My advice would be to see a doctor.  Swelling in just one foot and not the other can be due to infection or a blood clot (among other things).  Hopefully it is just a minor injury from the cycling, but since you don't describe an obvious injury I would have it checked out.
Can you find someone who does boarding/pet sitting in their own house locally?  It is usually cheaper than a kennel, I've sometimes done it for a few extra bucks.  Just make sure the person knows in advance this is a puppy who is still a chewer so will need supervision and you can't afford to be financially responsible if he chews something  due to lack of supervision.  If we weren't at opposite ends of the country I'd do it for you.  My older child would love to help...
Congrats!  Have you started yet?
Okay, I wanted to update now that DH has had his shellfish allergy treated and successfully ate a bowl of clam chowder last night!  Clams (and oysters) were his strongest shellfish allergy and in the past he has reacted just to airborne/steam exposure, he was also allergic to shrimp and other crustaceans, but not as severely.  We tested it last night.  First he just leaned over the pot of clam chowder and breathed.....and we waited, then he dipped a spoon in and...
So, it sounds like you want to continue nursing, but with more limits at night so you can get more sleep?   I have a 3 yr old that still night nurses but we are setting more limits.  What works for us: 1) offer more daytime/evening nursing.  My DD nurses more at night when we have been busy during the day so she didn't get as much "nummy time"  Maybe try not to limit/distract on the weekend?  2) I offer water if she is going back and forth from breast to breast...
  No, we haven't been treated for the food IgE allergies yet.  We do have some that we will eventually get treated.  (Shellfish for my husband, strawberries for me)  So far the only IgE allergies we have treated were environmental (mold, dust, various pollens, animal dander.....)  With a limited budget, my husband wanted to do the environmental stuff first since its easier to avoid shellfish than pollen.  I'm excited that with the lower price at the new chiro we can get...