or Connect

Posts by chie96

Quote: Originally Posted by xircia according to dd's pedi, it is harmless to treat for thrush. if it is not the problem, the treatment just won't resolve the problem and you'll have to pursue other options. TY - started with GV tonight and will see if that, plus acidophilus help. :
Hi - am currently nursing a 15 month old for about 95% of her daily intake (she is not interested in solids at all, but that's a whole different post, LOL). At any rate I have had nipple pain, both while nursing and between feedings for about 3 days now. My 1st thought was thrush. I had it when DD#1 was 2 wks old - probably from antibiotics rec'd during labor and think I remember it feeling this way. Also, my nipples are bright red, which I know can be a sign. My...
My DD is 3 and this year we are going to make "sand art" brownie mix in a jar. Not as personal as I would like but she is having a great time helping me layer the ingredients. In the past we have done *plaster handprints, painted a light pink with felt backs for paperweights or to hang *painted handprints on cardstock with the verse:These little hands will never grow, They will always stay just so. When I am grown and far away, These little hands with you will...
Quote: Originally Posted by velcromom Go to babymilkaction.org and INFACT canada's site to see how Nestle continually violates the WHO code. Then you will have plenty of rebuttal material if anyone tries to say Nestle is supportive of bf. TY - I have been reading those sites and went back to read the Your Questions Answered page on the Baby Milk Action site...very helpful. I just know that my mainstream friends will think this is an urban...
I really started researching the whole Nestle boycott "thing" today. It made me so mad - I already drafetd an e-mail to send to everyone I know encouraging them to boycott :LOL Anyhow, DH suggested that before I hop on the boycott bandwagon I familiarize myself with what Nestle has to say. I found the following on their website http://www.nestle.com/Our_Responsibi...he+Charter.htm If I am to believe them (and I don't, necessarily) then where is the problem? Do...
Quote: Originally Posted by sunnmama I trust my child's intentions. I *know* that when she hits, it is because she has not developed the tools (cognition, patience, negotiation, effective communication) to handle the situation more appropriately. She is literally out of ideas, so she falls back on hitting. Punishing her would not teach her *how* to handle that situation better in the future, and she would be left with the choice of hitting and being...
Thanks so much! I really needed to know that I am OK - just need a bit of help Mama J - thanks for your post. You are so right about being DD's role model. You know, I do not spank in part because I do not want to teach her to hit others, so why I think it's OK to talk to her with the bad attitude I carry around is beyond me I also realize that I need some "Laurie time" but just can't figure where to take that. The only times I really have totally to myself are...
Hi – I need some help I have two DDs: one who just turned 3, and one who is 8 mos. I’m not really sure what the definition of a “spirited” or “high needs” kid is, but I think I may have one in my eldest. I’m not even sure where to begin, except to say that I do not like the road I am headed down with DD#1. I find myself more and more angry at her (or maybe I am projecting anger?). Just as an example, I was nursing DD#2 earlier this morning when DD#1 came up to me...
Hi, all! I am wondering if anyone knows if my diet could make my DD "fat". First a bit of background: my 1st DD was bf until she self-weaned at 26 months, halfway into my 2nd pg. She was 7 lbs, 3 oz at birth and quickly climbed the scales, often in the 95% for weight and "off the charts" in length. Between 6 and 12 mos she slimmed down a bit and is now, at almost 3 years, about 50% in weight and still 90% in height, I am guessing. I was never concerned with DD#1's weight...
No suggestions, per se, but wanted you to know that DD#1 did the same thing. At 9 mos she suddenly wanted to sleep in her crib and at 16 mos she wated back in our bed, where she has been on and off for the past year and a half. Hope you get some sleep soon