or Connect

Posts by calihannah

My water broke just before 2am and it's about 13 hours later now and I'm starting to have some ctx!!  I went through the same thing with DD1's birth and ended up getting pitocin at the 8-hour mark because I was having a hospital birth, but this time I'm at home and my midwife is very content to wait and see for a bit.  So here I am, gushing fluid with every contraction (thank goodness for Depends!) and waiting to get into high gear for labor!  DD1 is so excited to meet...
I hear you, mama!!! You are not alone. I am also due on Saturday, and DD1 was born at 39w exactly, so I have never been pregnant this long before! I am certainly not zen any longer :P I am not having any regular ctx, though tonight the ones I do have are making my cervix hurt! Last week I had a whole bunch of ctx for 3 days straight, but nothing *shrug*. I keep telling myself -- definitely by Thanksgiving. Gahhhhhh!!!!
Quote: Originally Posted by ~Demeter~ My body has been oddly quiet the past couple of days. Nothing major to speak of... I think I belong in this club, too, and this statement sums it up. Last week, I had 3 days of every-5-min ctx during the day, and then it tapered off over the weekend. Yesterday, not all that much. Today, a little more, but still nothing like last week. *shrug* I'm 39w3d today, which is 3 days further than I got with...
Quote: Originally Posted by Oliversmommy I have been totally nesting (though not due until the 26th). And the last 8 days I DROPPED in a crazy manner---I went from big, to huge, to gynormous! But we had some fun last night: Pumpkin Belly! So cute! We did a pumpkin belly here too -- nice side benefit to still being pregnant at Halloween! I had had DD1 by now, so this is new pregnancy territory for me.
Hi everyone Sorry I've been MIA for an eternity...first there was our summer vacation (late August), followed by BIL's wedding alllllll the way across the country (where DH was the best man, DD1 was the flower girl, and I was the bridesmaid with the awesome belly), and then since we got back on 9/6, I've been working like a crazywoman to finish everything up before I go out on maternity leave in...oh...2.5 weeks now! I've been catching up on our new arrivals (wow,...
Quote: Originally Posted by JudiAU DD is 12m 30 inches tall and 20 pounds. She uses a Graco SafeSeat 35 infant seat. We recently installed our Britax Diplomat rf in our nanny's car. I've been thinking about replacing the bucket with a confertvible because she seems old to be in the bucket. DS was so much bigger he was out of it much earlier. Is it true that an infant bucket is safer than a convertible? No -- it is not true. The seat that...
One thing my mw pointed out is that true oxytocin driven contractions often cause nipple erection, so that's one thing to look for if you're concerned about PTL vs. just toning ctx/BH. It's apparently my "norm" to have dozens of toning ctx each day, but they stop/subside with hydration and emptying my bladder. If they ever *don't*, then I guess I'd get more concerned. My old OB for DD1's pregnancy made me call every time I had more than 4 in an hour, which was...
Quote: Originally Posted by Lisalee2 So wait, booties are harder than longies? Oh boy. I like that pattern you linked to, just might give it a try. Sometimes it's hard for me to read a pattern and really understand what they want me to do. That's when it helps to have a book because they break it all down for you. Maybe if I have questions, I can ask you? Also, the seamless booties sound good, I'm okay at knitting in the round after making that hat....
Quote: Originally Posted by Lisalee2 I can knit (barely) and just finished my first baby hat. I used the pattern from the Stitch N Bitch book. I just ordered another book on amazon called Knitting for Baby, which has a nice bootie pattern I'm hoping I can figure out. I would love to make some longies but don't know if I'm that skilled just yet. Longies were FAR easier than I thought they'd be -- especially the pattern I linked to. Booties...
I finished the first pair of longies last night -- but as yummama said, I don't really use wool over cloth dipes that much, so the longies will end up going over covers anyhow I *really* need to get going on a blanket for this babe -- DD1's blanket wasn't finished until her 3rd birthday because I kept knitting gifts for friends' babes! If I could choose a pattern and some yarn, I'd be closer to finished, right? LOL... I also have some really cool hemp and soy silk yarn...