or Connect

Posts by RileysMom

Amy, My dd has a severe brain injury as well, from a hospital error, but we work with the Family Hope center in Philly. They are very holistic and cutting edge treatment for kids with brain injury of any kind....autism, adhd, severe brain injury (like Julia's). I can't speak highly enough of them and we have seen good advancement in Julia doing their program. www.familyhopecenter.com Quote: Originally Posted by queenamy When my daughter was one...
yup, I'm slooooooow too....never gonna get a cool name!
I am anti circ, but have 2 girls. I talk about it with my pg friends and try to give them the info that I do have. I am Christian and believe in the Bible. One of my friends raised a point about Old Testament circumcision. Was the way it was practiced then different than the way it is done now? I seem to remember reading somewhere that then it was really just the tip of the foreskin that was cut, not the entire thing removed. But I can't find that...
Is this just the longest existing thread ever, or what? Anyway, I wanted to share a healing moment with you. My now 4 year old never went to the breast. She was in the NICU for the first 3 months of her life and always bottle fed, although I pumped milk for her. My 20 month old I bf'd successfully from birth, although with ALOT of hard work, partly because I've had a breast reduction. Probably 6 months ago, I was nursing Julia and Riley said, "I want to nurse". ...
Quote: Originally Posted by Raven This thread is quite old... I wonder how everything is going? Well, everything is ok, but not ok, kwim? Riley is turning 4 next weekend and is the light of my every day! Julia is my precious girl, 18 months old now. She has severe Cerebral palsy....can't hold her head up, sit up, move herself, etc... She was diagnosed as cortically blind, but we do intense therapy with her and she will track objects now. ...
Hi, I'm new to this forum, but not to MDC. My precious girl Julia that was born back in Nov. had to have a routine surgery in January (for a small birth defect of her rectum) Things went horribly wrong and she coded 3 times over the span of several days. She now has severe hypoxic brain damage, cerebral palsy, and is cortically blind. I'm really struggling with anger and grief for my baby right now and probably won't be posting too much. But I miss the MDC...
I wanted to show you all how beautiful my baby is in spite of how much they hurt her: Julia's pics
Thank you all so much for your replies, prayers, and thoughts. I'm so sorry that I'm not online more often to reply back. To answer one of your questions, no, the hospital or Drs. are not helping at all with bills, so we are in all kinds of debt. I didn't expect them to do the right thing, and I wasn't disappointed. We are hanging in, doing lots of therapy, praying alot. We are headed to Canada on Aug 9th to be trained in some specialized CP therapy techniques. ...
Hi all, I just wanted to post although I don't really have time to come to this board any more. I don't even know if anyone remembers me. The last time I was here was when I was in the hospital on bedrest back in Oct. Update: Julia was born Nov 13, but had to be transferred immediately to TX childrens as she was born with some physical defects. There was a problem with her rectum and she has a tethered spinal cord. So I didn't get to hold her and only saw her...
I'm in my hospital bed with the exact situation as we "speak". d#1 was born at 29 weeks. So far, with lots of interventions, I'm at 301/2 weeks this time. It's a hard road.....