or Connect

Posts by RileysMom

AWESOME.... We've been married 3 1/2 years and never really had that newly wedded bliss thing going. We're happy, but just not that "floating" kind of happy Maybe because we were both 30 and quite practical by the time we got together. But last July our dd was born 3 months premature and the LONG, terribly hard time has really brought us together. I think it has made me finally secure that he's in it for the good and the bad. And we are oh so happy...
I love being an American...I feel very lucky to have been born here. I have lived for some time in several countries (I'm not military, just love to travel and lived several places while supporting myself teaching English language classes) I've lived in Bulgaria, Greece, Germany. I've also traveled extensively through Eastern and Western Europe. To be honest, I was not very patriotic before my travels, but came to appreciate my country deeply. Now that is not to...
For those of you who may have yards or access to land in the eastern US that is wooded, I have a web site where you can purchase American Chestnut trees seedlings. This is an extremely important project....one that could take one to two hundred years before success will be seen....if at all. On the web sites you can get a more complete background on the disaster that has befallen this tree. But I will give you a brief history so you can see if your interested. ...
The municipal water we have is terrible, as since my dd is almost big enough to start having some water, I've been looking at options. Our naturopath recommended Mountain Valley Spring water....any opinions? www.mountainvalleyspring.com Thanks!
I'm 33 and have always held my pens the wrong way...didn't realize it til high school... I have good penmanship and graduated summa cum laude....I don't think it matters.... but then I speak from my own experience only and have no expertise on the subject
Treelove, I don't have any wise words for you, but I can comiserate. My Riley was born at 29 weeks this past July. she weighed 2 1/2 lbs. I had a wonderful, non intervention birth planned and ended up with tons of ultrasounds, CLASSIC emergency c section under general anesthesia, unable to breastfeed, etc...... I still have times where I am just so furious or depressed or discouraged. She is our first and I really want 1 or 2 more, but know now in advance that...