or Connect

Posts by RileysMom

I had a talk with my ob this last week about waiting until the cord stops pulsing after birth, etc... He was *totally* agreeable and supportive, but said that he often "milks" the cord to make it go faster.... I *think* I've read somewhere about that not being a good thing, but can't find any info now... Can anyone help me out?
I took it with my first and know alot of women that have taken it. (I've had a reduction surgery) In *every* case I know of, including myself, dpd makes it *really really* hard to lose weight. So, just the opposite. You might want to get yourself checked and make sure your blood sugar and thyroid and everything look ok....
I wouldn't do any of those things, frankly. I'd probably leave the topic alone for a while until we could have a real, fruitful conversation. (You know when you have those moments when you can really communicate?) I'd try to understand his feelings and be respectful of them. I think if *I* were in his shoes, I might not want any more either....he's older, has 3 kids, etc... When you do talk, I'd tell him all your reasons for wanting more. We have 1 and one on the...
Thank heavens! Well, when Riley was first born, we probably took turns more, but as soon as she was a few months old, he took over bedtime. He really seemed to have a knack for it and I was usually so exhausted by bedtime it just made sense. He "invented" the special Daddy arm jiggle (which to this day I *insist* I just *cannot* do :LOL ) So, I'd get her all fed and ready, hand her off to him and he'd "jiggle" her to sleep and put her down. Later, after she sort...
I'm almost 27 weeks and have gained almost 10 lbs. Baby is measuring the perfect size and I can tell I've lost some weight in other areas and just gained a big tummy. (not on purpose) I think when if you're eating healthy, you're fine. I wouldn't worry about the #s.
My dd (2 years 2 months) is average.....about 29-30 lbs. She eats ALOT of carbs. Lots of fresh fruits, veggies, virtually no meat except occasional fish (her choice, not mine), whole wheat bread, nuts, crackers, etc.... She gets NO juice (except about 1/4 cup of OJ in the a.m. diluted with water) I stick her vitamins in here. She gets water all day and about 12-16 oz of milk per day. No sugar, no refined flour, no fast food (well, the occasional french fry) and...
I'm always the over cautious one to chime in, but when I was in preterm labor with my dd, they felt exactly like painful bh/menstrual cramps. Lay down. Drink ALOT of water. If they continue, I'd call my ob/mw. I waited too long with dd and she came early at 29 weeks....
When Riley was first home, when she was fussy, the *only* song that would make her happy was when daddy sang the theme from "rawhide".....LOL
Hi there! My dd was in the NICU for 3 long months and I pumped ALL the time (seems like). The hospital where I was had hospital grade pumps (Lactinas) that I could use while there....I just had to bring my little suction cup doobers I had the best supply at night, and next best if I pumped by her (I'm not really modest) or after holding her. I also took domperidone (which is like Reglan, but with fewer side effects) and that increased my supply...
My neice had this done several years ago.....it was *wonderful* and her little eyes were all better right away.... Hugs to you and goo