or Connect

Posts by RileysMom

I *was* exactly where you are now. Dd didn't sleep well AT ALL until about 14 months. Now she's 2 yrs 1 month and a great sleeper...also really growing in the independence dept. It's a good thing because we're due with #2 in Nov. The months that you are in the midst of were the very hardest for me.....hope that helps.....it REALLY will get better!
Just my own experience....I have never ever had any problems with milk. UNTIL I got pregnant with my dd (the one who is 2). Suddenly, milk absolutely made me sick...any milk product. It was that way all during my pregnancy. Sure enough, dd is still very allergic to cow's milk AND soy. (She can drink goat's milk). I am now more sensitive to milk than before but I got some homeopathic drops from my Dr. that actually *really* help. And he said the baby that I'm...
Quote: Originally posted by Ms. Sisko What year? The differences between some years are DRASTIC. I've got much more experience with VWs than I ever asked for or wanted...especially in the last year. It's not all bad, I swear! It would probably be a 2001 or 2002....we haven't found "the one" yet, but that's what we're shooting for... (we tend to get newer cars and then drive them til they die)
My dh's car was totaled yesterday in a bad wreck (he's ok and it was not his fault). So we are suddenly and sadly in the market for a car. He's liking the VW Jettas.....anybody have one? Love it? Hate it? Know anything about it? Many, many thanks for any input. Car stuff stresses me out....
First of all, other than a little banged up and sore, he is ok. But his car is totalled When it rains, it pours, I guess. In the last 2 months we have had to: replace the entire a/c system, repair the refrigerator, dishwasher and clothes washer (!), had to pay a huge vet bill for our sick dog and lost coverage for our dd's speech therapy. Sigh. And I'm pg, which always makes things feel more stressful, right? I'm so thankful that HE is ok, but on the other...
I believe she was moving, but I haven't seen her in a while and need to get in touch with her. Anybody know if she's around or will be soon?
I've read that lavender works to kill mildew...I know several folks use it in their bathroom cleaners. Maybe let them soak overnight in a water/lavender bath and then wash them? Should smell nice anyway!
Totally trust your instincts. I was molested by an uncle, who was a "great guy". I am extremely protective of dd. No male has ever been alone with her except dh. I don't want to make her afraid of men, so I would never *say* anything to her about this in a "big bad frightening kind of way" (like men can't be trusted....because most of them CAN be trusted), but I feel like it is my job to protect her. I can control who she is with without being overt about it, kwim?...
I never showed ANY milk before dd was born and had plenty after...it all depends on your hormone levels during pregnancy. (progesterone suppresses milk production) So if you don't see any, don't worry.....it's not any indication of supply after birth....
Thanks so much for you reply....whew! being natural can be a real pain sometimes! LOL